Home Precious Metals

How are you gonna make money on the fall this time? Buy metal on the way up again? Or....?

guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭
What stocks are you looking at betting against on the market fall to make money on them when they drop? DOW at all time highs, silver in the low 20's. You can almost see it coming again.

Is it too soon after the metal crash that happened in 2011 for folks to think buying metal is a good option to stocks again? Bad taste in your/their mouth still?
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were looking at that approach, I'd be looking to sell some high P/E stocks with little or no earnings from ongoing operations, and maybe I'd straddle that position by buying some General Mills or P&G.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VXX when the market begins its decline
    TBT when bonds begin their decline
    USLV/DSLV for silver ups and downs
    USO if oil starts to go parabolic

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Is it too soon after the metal crash that happened in 2011 for folks to think buying metal is a good option to stocks again? Bad taste in your/their mouth still?

Whoever got crushed in metals in 2011 was most likely a fast money man and he won't be back for another experience, but his brother will. As such, these types of participants will make up some of the market every time there's a significant trend.

Anyone who considers the precious metals as a manageable asset will continue doing what they've been doing all along - accumulating wealth over time, buying or selling as the occasion arises with some attempts at timing.

I knew it would happen.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭
    I figure most of the folks that play the metal market frequently either got out of most of their high dollar positions and bought again at the bottom OR still have their holdings as long term as they always have had and are enjoying adding to the stack again at 20-ish.

The people who got caught with their pants down who won't be back were probably the ones you mentioned jmski52. But, like you said, there's always a sucker's brother born every day.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DOW at all time highs, silver in the low 20's

Dow up 350% over last 20 years. Silver up 300% over last 20 years. Which one is the bargain?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    there's always a sucker's brother born every day.

Yeah, but even a suckers brother wouldn't buy from ThePMXREFINERY image Still can't believe what someone came on here and tried to do. It has to be someones way of calling people here dumb is the only thing I can think of.

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
    It has to be someones way of calling people here dumb is the only thing I can think of.

It smacks of predatory behavior, the kind of thing they do when their victims have no bargaining power.

I knew it would happen.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy/Sell/Trade Margins don't change to the negative. … unless you don't buy /sell/ or trade at the right time image

HE>I

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    It smacks of predatory behavior, the kind of thing they do when their victims have no bargaining power

So PMX uses craigslist "clients" to fulfill their buys from here? image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It smacks of predatory behavior, the kind of thing they do when their victims have no bargaining power

So PMX uses craigslist "clients" to fulfill their buys from here? image >>

Only difference I see between PMX and a "we buy gold" outlet is that PMX is a "we sell gold" outlet. Their spam here was just an attempt to find more uneducated buyers. I haven't checked but you may find their spam in other PM discussion forums.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan