Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can vouchers be used for reviews?

Can I use my membership vouchers for reviews on PSA slabbed cards?

I searched for this topic in the old threads with no luck.
Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is it just has to be one service level.

• Options
    OcTrAdInGOcTrAdInG Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Yes. I've done so on several occasions.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can, as long as all cards are sent in for review under that voucher.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Roger that gents...I don't have enough for one service level so I may be cracking.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    So if I have a complete 1954 Topps set how many vouchers will I get from PSA to review some cards?
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

<< <i>So if I have a complete 1954 Topps set how many vouchers will I get from PSA to review some cards? >>

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    A whole 3? Wow I thought it would be a little more. How do they calculate the vouchers given for each set? What about a 1961 Topps set with 580 cards?

Thanks Tim.
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

<< <i>A whole 3? Wow I thought it would be a little more. How do they calculate the vouchers given for each set? What about a 1961 Topps set with 580 cards?

Thanks Tim. >>

NP, Shane. They also now limit the voucher maximum per year across all 3 sets (IIRC) to 3, too. Here's the info:

Benefits of PSA Set Registration

Building collections of trading cards can be rewarding and very pleasurable. Participating in the PSA set registry can also be a lot of fun. In addition to the enjoyment of comparing your cards to the greatest sets of all time, you also receive the following benefits:

Recognition for your cards. If your cards are in the top five best "All Time Finest" sets, your collection and, if you desire, your name will be listed in the PSA set registry at the top of the page listing all sets in that category. You have three options in listing the name of your collection: you can use your full name, you can use your initials, or you can simply be an anonymous collector. Also note that while we will list the average grade of your set, we will not list the grades of the individual cards unless you have marked your set open for viewing.

Free Submissions. In order to encourage participation in the PSA set registry program when your set reaches 90% complete, you may be entitled to free grading for cards (including pre-1998 autographed cards) and tickets (effective 1/1/14).

If the set composition is 25-150 cards or tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 151-500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 500+ cards or tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.

Restrictions:
    1) Set must be 90% complete or better and the set must be 25 cards or more
    2) Free grades do not necessarily need to be for cards within the set which qualifies for the free grades
    3) Member must have a current PSA Collectors Club membership
    4) There is a maximum of 3 grades per year
    5) Member must pay for P&H both ways
    6) With each free submission approval, all items must be submitted at one time
    7) Packs are not eligible for free grades
    8) The free grading benefit can only be used one time per set

If your set has reached 90% complete, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number, the name of the set that qualifies and whether or not your cards are autographed. If you wish to send cards in for different service levels, i.e. crossover, regrade, raw, etc., please inform us when you request your submission form as separate submission forms are required for different types of services. (Note that cards which are autographed and dated pre-1998 will need to go through the “Grading & Autograph Authentication” service.) You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings.