Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another CBH Opinion

erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is another CBH I have considered. Its a little older and much more affordable than the last. A little blue in a coin always appeals to me, but appears to me that its pretty deeply toned. Opinions?

PCGS XF45

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like her a lot.....beautiful deep dark originality with some wonderful blue toning.

What's not to consider? Buy it!

edited to add: I hope the blue toning is not from Blue Ribbon.....can it be used on CBH's? image
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭
    A little too dark for my taste. I think you could find an example with some retained luster at that grade. That's usually what I look for in 45's.

However I don't think you'll find a more original coin than that one.
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    It is a bit dark as Brian mentioned, but it's still nice. If it appeals to you, then it would be considered a great selection.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind a deeply toned coin but that optical blue toning seem out of place with the brown toning on rest of the coin. Sort of surprised PCGS straight graded it. On some days of the week that might not get through.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    coin4salecoin4sale Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
    not a fan
    BT&C
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very original, but a bit dark for my taste.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A little too dark for my taste. I think you could find an example with some retained luster at that grade. That's usually what I look for in 45's.

However I don't think you'll find a more original coin than that one. >>

This Brian is a bright kid, who is nuts about Capped Bust Half Dollars. He is right again.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would love to see that coin in hand and would wager most of the statements prior would change! I am liking the coin from my interpretation of the picture!
  • Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    I like it, looks like most of my set...great coin image
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the price is right, and I don't have that marriage, I'd buy it, crack it, and stick it in my Wayte Raymond album.

45 feels a little generous.
    Lance.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit too dark for me and I would pass, unless I needed the die marriage. If you like these pieces deeply toned, then this one is for you. I like the EF-45 grade and love the remaining detail on the obverse.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Very crusty. I don't mind the crust at all, but if I was building a type set, it may not match the rest of the coins....
    You may call me Dave
    BHNC member # 184!

http://www.busthalfaddict.com
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I personally would love to see that coin in hand and would wager most of the statements prior would change! I am liking the coin from my interpretation of the picture! >>

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    zap1111zap1111 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    I took a long look at this one, as well. My bet is that those blue sections just might sing for you when in hand. If I had more funding available, you wouldn't be having this conversation now!
    zap
    zap1111
    102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
    BHNC #198
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I like it
    Frank

BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji