Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help with eBay Return

I rarely buy raw anymore but I took a chance on a card to the tune of 850 from a new seller. Figured so long as it passed my initial inspection on receipt, it'd be off to Newport within 24 hours. Seller shipped quick. It arrived safe. And while it seems to be a legit card, it has some other issues not clearly apparent in the scans, leading me to question whether I can get the grade needed to justify cost.

I'd prefer to return it and believe that's my right as it was listed as Exmt/NM and is probably closer to VG, albeit a nice VG.

Do I reach out to the seller and explain why and let him know that I'm processing the return?
Do I do the return part thru eBay or PayPal?
Assuming I need to return card with Delivery Confirmation?

Sorry if dumb questions but I've only ever returned 1 item, and it wasn't much, and thru a large seller. Don't remember process, but this is big money for me so wanna do it right. Also, want to work smoothly with seller as I feel he did everything mostly right, outside of the grade listing.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd contact the seller first to adviose him you are not happy with the card. Remain polite and professional, but firm in that you will be returning the card for a full refund of the purchase price. A professional seller will not give you a hard time, especially if a return policy is stipulated, but make sure you send the card fully insured with DC AND signature confirmation (as item exceeds the $750 threshhold). If the seller is difficult or gives you a hard time, just open a claim through ebay and you will get your refund as soon as delivery is confirmed.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with Tim. Raw can be a jungle on eBay. Good luck with the return - should run smoothly but definitely remember the sig confirmation due to high dollars.
    Daniel