Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone heard of "Tracer Code" Authentication

I'm looking at an item to purchase, and the COA for it has an oval "TRACER CODE" sticker, with a 6-digit number, and a paper COA deeming it Authentic. Anyone know the history of this company, and if this is legit? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭
    Heard of them - yes. I view them along the same lines as GAI - which isn't saying much. I would take the auto with a grain of salt
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm looking at an item to purchase, and the COA for it has an oval "TRACER CODE" sticker, with a 6-digit number, and a paper COA deeming it Authentic. Anyone know the history of this company, and if this is legit? Thanks. >>

they used to do authentication at various signings

in my instance, i was sending in to a signing for Red Auerbach and Bob Cousy, and tracer code was the authenticator for it - mine had credit style certificates with the picture of my item on there and a picture of the person signing (not necessarily my stuff)

they were at least at that time much better than GAI, i think that's a terrible comparison depending on what you're getting - if it's only the sticker then maybe, but if your'e getting what i'm suggesting above you're fine
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    my gut says you're probably ok - i'm not an ortiz expert

if you search "tracercode", there's an elton brand and orlando hernandez that has the credit card cert similar to mine

looks like you don't have that, maybe ask them if they have the credit card cert to go with it?

these guys did lots of boston area signings, depending on when this was signed might also help - they were pretty active from like 1995-early 2000s up there

think they got bought out by someone else around 2004-2005