Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How is this possible besides having a time machine?

LOL! So did somebody rewrap this to make an unusual piece or did they just mess up? Or is there another possibility?

Comments

• Options
    I'm thinking that pack will also yield a McGwire, Bonds and Canseco rookie...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    For their sake, I hope it's just someone playing around and making fun of all the resealed garbage floating around on eBay.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i'd be more concerned about the '75 Topps Mini wax box he sold a couple months ago.
  • Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    It's got to be two different cellos - the front scan talks about winning a trip to 1988 Spring Training, while the redemption on the back has an expiration date of 12/31/1985.

Hopefully, it's just a mistake.....
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's got to be two different cellos - the front scan talks about winning a trip to 1988 Spring Training, while the redemption on the back has an expiration date of 12/31/1985.

Hopefully, it's just a mistake..... >>

+1, "items" in the listing. Vague listing is vague.
  • Options
    JaktJakt Posts: 573
    Seems legit.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took it as the lot contains two cellos -- one 85 with Clemens on back and one 87 with Palmeiro on front.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the PSA grades are, since the item specifics says they're graded.
  • Options

<< <i>I took it as the lot contains two cellos -- one 85 with Clemens on back and one 87 with Palmeiro on front. >>

You know, you might be right. After rereading it, that is a good possibility. If that is the case, the owner could have been a little clearer!
    Or I could have been a little smarter!
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    in the description
    "Just to be clear, there are 2 different cello packs here. "

not sure if he has edited it
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>in the description
    "Just to be clear, there are 2 different cello packs here. "

not sure if he has edited it >>

Yes, had to have been edited, that wasn't there earlier.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a similar note, I have seen multiple sport cello packs from 1980 Topps--football on top and baseball on the bottom.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Any chance there's a Michael Jordan in there?
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15