Home Precious Metals

The clock is ticking......

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

LOL, it's soooo perposperous, that it's hysterical that this country could be so bad off, yet there isn't blood in the streets. Whod a thunk it 20 yrs ago that we'd be hanging on by a shoestring as a Country.
    I'm sorry, I couldn't help but to laugh at how bad things have gotten, yet the Media keeps churning out the feel good garbage. I feel so bad for my children's generation. All IMHO mostly because of Greenspan and increasing percentage of Idiots in the Country that have the right to vote.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL, it's soooo perposperous, that it's hysterical that this country could be so bad off, yet there isn't blood in the streets. Whod a thunk it 20 yrs ago that we'd be hanging on by a shoestring as a Country.
    I'm sorry, I couldn't help but to laugh at how bad things have gotten, yet the Media keeps churning out the feel good garbage. I feel so bad for my children's generation. All IMHO mostly because of Greenspan and increasing percentage of Idiots in the Country that have the right to vote. >>

Yup, 2 1/2 more years of Media-feel-goods...

The dumb-masses are the "useful idiot."
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that by the time Obama leaves office he will have added more to the national debt than all the other previous presidents combined. Can anyone verify this or is this just right wing propaganda? If true, it's quite shocking.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I read somewhere that by the time Obama leaves office he will have added more to the national debt than all the other previous presidents combined. Can anyone verify this or is this just right wing propaganda? If true, it's quite shocking. >>

Not that hard to figure. ~7-8T when he came in (I believe it was), ~18T roughly as of today with 2 more to go.

I think I read something last week that said he had already surpassed all of them.

<< <i>

<< <i>I read somewhere that by the time Obama leaves office he will have added more to the national debt than all the other previous presidents combined. Can anyone verify this or is this just right wing propaganda? If true, it's quite shocking. >>

Not that hard to figure. ~7-8T when he came in (I believe it was), ~18T roughly as of today with 2 more to go.

I think I read something last week that said he had already surpassed all of them. >>

Historically, governments with a massive debt problem paid it down by printing more and more money resulting in high inflation. Is it safe to assume that the US will eventually have a period of high inflation? I believe this to be true which is why it makes sense for me to buy tangible assets (precious metals, rare coins, real estate, etc) to preserve wealth. How do you guys think stocks/bonds will do during a period of high inflation?

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL, it's soooo perposperous, that it's hysterical that this country could be so bad off, yet there isn't blood in the streets. Whod a thunk it 20 yrs ago that we'd be hanging on by a shoestring as a Country.
    I'm sorry, I couldn't help but to laugh at how bad things have gotten, yet the Media keeps churning out the feel good garbage. I feel so bad for my children's generation. All IMHO mostly because of Greenspan and increasing percentage of Idiots in the Country that have the right to vote. >>

How are we THAT bad off? Where else can you make $25K with 2 clicks of your computer mouse?
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I'm finding it hard to understand how any one president can be solely responsible for the national debt in their time. Doesn't the congress have to pass the bills and resolutions. Aren't the people responsible for wanting the government to provide this and that, regardless of the cost.

I think the clock is ticking before they introduce a PM exchange and holding fee.
    COA
  • Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

I don't beleive it's propaganda. It's a fact.

Another fact is: No one, repeat, NO ONE in out current admin, from POTUS down to the local dog-catcher, is doing a D*** thing to even TRY to control this rampant spending much less try to pay down any debt. Everyone just keeps looking up at the clouds and whistles a little tune.

<< <i>I'm finding it hard to understand how any one president can be solely responsible for the national debt in their time. Doesn't the congress have to pass the bills and resolutions. Aren't the people responsible for wanting the government to provide this and that, regardless of the cost.

I think the clock is ticking before they introduce a PM exchange and holding fee. >>

If it happens under his watch, he gets the blame or credit even tho he didn't personally do it himself.

<< <i>

How are we THAT bad off? Where else can you make $25K with 2 clicks of your computer mouse? >>

Can you elaborate? I could sure use that $25K.

<< <i>

<< <i>

How are we THAT bad off? Where else can you make $25K with 2 clicks of your computer mouse? >>

Can you elaborate? I could sure use that $25K. >>

derryb recently posted about making $25K in a PM/argentum eft. Of course knowing when to make the clicks and having the $$ means to do so certainly helps.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>derryb recently posted about making $25K in a PM/argentum eft. Of course knowing when to make the clicks and having the $$ means to do so certainly helps. >>

It was a self-managed IRA that holds years of contributions. Clicks can work for you and they can work against you, especially with leveraged ETFs.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I think I read something last week that said he had already surpassed all of them. >>

BO came in at $10T. National Debt could reach $20T when (if) he leaves.

Although the president is not solely responsible for the national debt, his policies (and leadership) indirectly dictate where our tax money goes...emphasis on dictate. As far as who "owns" the debt, that narrative belongs to the Media unfortunately.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Many folks are responsible for this. Ultimately it is the voters, and as importantly those that don't vote that determine the fortunes of a nation.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    wow i never paid much attention... it just hit me, lol, the clock is always ticking... whoopdee doo... b f ya know...
    keceph `anah
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot more information presented in that link than a debt number. Cool stuff for us that like to crunch numbers. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a lot more information presented in that link than a debt number. Cool stuff for us that like to crunch numbers. image >>

No doubt. The 2014 U.S. Vehicle Sales at the bottom is interesting. Chevrolet is doing very well. image