Home Sports Talk
Options

Greatest sports sayings of all time

2»

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    My favorite from the NFL.

Following a Tampa Bay Buccaneers loss in their early seasons, McKay was asked what he thought of his team's "execution." He replied, "I'm all for it."
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My favorite from the NFL.

Following a Tampa Bay Buccaneers loss in their early seasons, McKay was asked what he thought of his team's "execution." He replied, "I'm all for it." >>

Yeah that was awesome. McKay was full of good one liners.
  • Options
    To Be The Man You've Got To Beat The Man
    Ric Nature Boy Flair

I'm knocking out all the bums and if you get too smart
    I'll knock you out.
    The Greatest
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Bum Phillips when asked about Earl Campbell being unable to finish a mile run in training camp:

When it's first and a mile, I won't give it to him.

One of many great Bumisms.

Snorto~
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>"He (Darryl Strawberry) is not a dog; a dog is loyal and runs after balls.".... Tommy Lasorda >>

love Tommy, he's full of humor at every given moment.......i took my son to a game several years ago at the Stadium when they played Chicago and we had great seats + Dugout Club for dinner, so we went down there to get food before game time and found a small table right near the entrance to kitchen.....a couple minutes later Tommy comes waltzing out from there with a big smile and waving, greeting all his buddies and such, and then he sees me and my boy sitting there and marches over with a big scowl on his face, raises his voice above the clamor and says "I can't talk to YOU GUYS!!"

we were wearing Cubs hats. he was ticked. image
  • Options
    I heard Charles Barkley say last night that when he played for the Philadelphia 76ers that Maurice Cheeks could only see out
    of one eye, and that eye could only see Dr. J.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭
    "Do you believe in miracles?"
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    "Hey kid, catch!"

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    "There are at least 20 runners better than sanders......at least! "
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I cannot freaking believe I drafted Trent Richardson. Dude can't even beat a DE to the edge."
  • Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

Fo, Fo, Fo. Moses Malone 1983