Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New here from the Great White North

Hello,

I am new to this site, but by no means new to online discussion forums - some folks may know me as 'SPP-Ottawa'. I am from Ottawa, Canada, and mostly focus my collection on NFLD and Canadian small cents, and nickel dollars (sort of an expert on the latter). I also collect varieties and errors within those series.

I have a handful of PCGS registry sets, and a few PCGS showcase sets as well, and I thought this might be a good place to find some like-minded collectors.

Cheers,

Roger
--
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0

Comments

• olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    Let me be the first to welcome you to the forumn. I couldn't sleep so decided to go on line for a while and see that you just posted. Must be a nightowl also. I collect the same things that you do. Especially like canadian large cents. There are quite a few experts on this site for Canada so keep reading the post every day. Any question can be answered here. Pictures are always appreaciated.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd image have fun.

Hoard the keys.
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Darksideimage
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Welcome sir. It's interesting that you collect Canadian nickel dollars. I collect Canadian silver dollars and Canadian small dollars. If you don't mind maybe I'll have a few questions for you in the upcoming months on nickel dollars.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Roger,

Welcome aboard!

Were you the buyer of that antiqued silver McIntosh $1 at the Legacy sale this weekend?

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • SPPSPP Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Roger,

Welcome aboard!

Were you the buyer of that antiqued silver McIntosh $1 at the Legacy sale this weekend? >>

Hi Gene,

Nope, I don't collect concept or mint "experiments" (apparently, three of those are now known).

I was the buyer of the 1980 nickel dollar, struck on the 25-cent planchet though. It will find a home in my PCGS nickel dollar error showcase.

Roger

PS - will we see you up at the Fall Coin Expo this year??
    "Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0
  • 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be at the RCNA in August. Not sure yet on the Fall Expo.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • SPPSPP Posts: 34 ✭✭✭
    Do say hello to everyone for me. I never get to the RCNA conventions, I always have a conflict with fieldwork... image

This summer, I will be up in northern Labrador during the RCNA.

• sylsyl Posts: 890 ✭✭✭
    Welcome stranger .. see you in Aug, if not sooner. Do you still want to plan a golf outing for 4-6 of us for the RCNA?
  • GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! It's almost as quiet over here right now as it is at Coin Community when it comes to Canadian coins - maybe you can help liven things up a little. The greyside needs a little cheerleading as of late - the 2008 recession really knocked the wind out of Canadian collecting it seems.
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Welcome image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Welcome!
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to this great forum!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!

I'm just a small-time collector filling holes in Whitman Canadian folders, but always enjoy the help and info available on this Forum! So, welcome!

- - Daveimage
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome

Steve
    Promote the Hobby