Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New PayPal??

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
There's a new PayPal in Town. Most likely, designed around Windows 8 which everybody hates.

New Screens.
Lots of White Space for Desk Top users.

Lots of UGHs!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate is such a strong word.

I hate it when we run out of CoolWhip for our pumpkin pies at Thanksgiving.
    I don't hate the font now used by a website.

peacockcoins

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been annoyed with that flash video paypal homepage for a few months , is there another one now that is worse?

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a few changes in that area since that eBay hack.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would have to agree that it kinda blows. There was zilch wrong with the old format.
  • Options
    jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    First Impression: I like it
  • Options

I don't hate it but I do dislike it. Too much wasted white space where I like
    a cluttered up page with every thing easy to use. Thank Goodness they have
    a Coke Button, you know a button that lets you go back to the Old Coke or
    rather the " Classic Site ".

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't hate it but I do dislike it. Too much wasted white space where I like
    rather the " Classic Site ". >>

Does the coke button look exactly like an 1879-s morgan dollar?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the good old ho hums. i wish theyd leave it alone for once........
  • Options
    TinyTiny Posts: 2,598

Why yes it did kind a like this one:

• Options

<< <i>I don't hate it but I do dislike it. Too much wasted white space where I like

Thank you Tiny!

I knew that if I whined about this that someone would come to my rescue!

You see, I learned a long time ago that its not usually best to not just start clicking on stuff which isn't adequately explain such at that little "triple line" symbol in the upper right corner of the "New" Paypal.

Since I did not see the usual "Log Out" menu item, I eventually ended up clicking that thing and logging out.
    Within that same menu is the "Original Coke" button which I have now happily engaged!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

You Are Very Welcome. Let's just hope they don't do away with the option.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thank you Tiny!

You see, I learned a long time ago that its not usually best to not just start clicking on stuff which isn't adequately explain such at that little "triple line" symbol in the upper right corner of the "New" Paypal.

Since I did not see the usual "Log Out" menu item, I eventually ended up clicking that thing and logging out.
    Within that same menu is the "Original Coke" button which I have now happily engaged! >>

That little triple line thingy is for your browser settings and doesn't have anything to do with PP.

FWIW I don't see a Coke button, but I do see a logout button big and plain as day. I don't much care for the layout, but as long as it does the few little things I need done, I'm good with it.
  • Options

Tom, there is not a Coke Button I am talking about the ' Classis Site " link at the bottom
    of the page that will take you to the old version. This new version comes up when I log in
    and shows all the recent transactions and I don't need all that junk, I archive that stuff
    when it's done and when or if I need it it's easy to retrieve rather than a full page with lots
    of extra empty space.

Didn't I read some where that Amazon or Google or some other big time web company is
    coming out with some thing to rival Pay Pal. Maybe we could start one and sell it to eBay
    and make a billion dollars. Maybe I could dream up apps for Apple and make a billion. I Know
    I could build a Coke Button For PAY PAL imageimage

• Options
    Ahhh, the 'ol Coke link!image
  • Options
    I've been struggling with the site as well
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the hint....I feel much more normal now!

I was freaking out with the new look. At first I thought I reached some bogus site!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thank you Tiny!

Within that same menu is the "Original Coke" button which I have now happily engaged! >>

That little triple line thingy is for your browser settings and doesn't have anything to do with PP.

FWIW I don't see a Coke button, but I do see a logout button big and plain as day. I don't much care for the layout, but as long as it does the few little things I need done, I'm good with it. >>

Sorry Baj but that little triple line doo-dah was definitely PayPal since it pops down a menu that goves PayPal Options such as Log Out and Switch to Classic.

Note all the white space..................take away the drop down, and there's more white space.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't have a dropdown, but there is a "Classic Site" button at the bottom left. The b*tch is
    that it reverts to the new style as soon as you log out and back in.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I don't have a dropdown, but there is a "Classic Site" button at the bottom left. The b*tch is
    that it reverts to the new style as soon as you log out and back in. >>

Mine does not have the "Classic" button in the lower left, just the drop down under the 3 Line doo-dah.

When I switch back to Classic, it stays that way when I log back in.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Which browser are you using? I've tried it with Firefox and IE and it's same for me with both.
  • Options

<< <i>Which browser are you using? I've tried it with Firefox and IE and it's same for me with both. >>

IE 11.09

But, I think I have what would be considered a Business Account. Maybe that's why it is different?

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I don't have a dropdown, but there is a "Classic Site" button at the bottom left. The b*tch is
    that it reverts to the new style as soon as you log out and back in. >>

I don't have a dropdown either. Does PP allow one to have different login pages?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Which browser are you using? I've tried it with Firefox and IE and it's same for me with both. >>

IE 11.09

But, I think I have what would be considered a Business Account. Maybe that's why it is different? >>

Maybe that too. Technically, I still have a personal account.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file