Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

George V Registry Set......

Lots of room for improvement and I hope to do it before I go.

George V Registry Set
No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
It's just that I got my PCGS grades.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The link doesn't seem to workimage
  • Options
    No it doesn't and I'm trying to delete it.

Thanks for checking it.....
  • Options

It has an extra https in front of the http

i think this works

He is an interesting guy . I am working my way through a book about him and his 2 cousins that is pretty interesting.

It's called George,Nicholas and Wilhelm : Three Royal Cousins and the Road to World War I. ISBN 978-1-4000-4363-7

• Options
    Thanks for that Bronco. I really appreciate it.

The history of the times surrounding a coin interests me almost as much as the coin does.
    I see that's the case with you too.
  • Options

The people or events depicted on coins usually lead me to books but once in a while it goes the other way , where coins are mentioned in a book and I decide to find the coin after reading about it .
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Now all you need is a Canada George V set. image

Nice set you put together.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done- what an attractive set

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    No Sovereings? Nice set -
  • Options
    Thanks folks.

This particular set doesn't place sovereigns and maybe that's a good thing as far as my bank account is concerned.image
  • Options
    I'm a little surprissed to see the Crown being a pattern proof, wouldn't the currency Crown be more in keeping with the rest of the set.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Bronco, I read that book and liked it enough to buy it. Excellent read. The dynamic between the three royal houses was very interesting, with Kaiser Wilhelm taking the award for self importance and absolute disillusionment about where he and his country would be at the end of the war. Then again, Nicholas actually made out much worse than his cousins.

I'd recommend the book to any lover of history.

Nice set colornut, nice nice.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    The penny especially.
  • Options

<< <i>Bronco, I read that book and liked it enough to buy it. Excellent read. The dynamic between the three royal houses was very interesting, with Kaiser Wilhelm taking the award for self importance and absolute disillusionment about where he and his country would be at the end of the war. Then again, Nicholas actually made out much worse than his cousins.

I'd recommend the book to any lover of history.

Nice set colornut, nice nice. >>

Bumping this thread to note that I'm watching at this moment Royal Cousins at War a mini series I believe first on BBC and now on this side of the pond showing up on various PBS stations.

I noticed that the author of the book I mentioned earlier in the thread, Miranda Carter , appears in the show .
  • Options
    NapNap Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that book as well, I thought it was a good read and an interesting look into family dynamics, also paints quite an interesting picture of Queen Victoria.

The book loses steam once the war starts, I guess there's not as much to say about that.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No Sovereings? Nice set - >>

No sovereigns, and I'm guessing it's because he chose to acquire that impressive 1935 crown instead.

I wouldn't mind having a proof '35 crown in 64, with only one finer. It is after all my favorite coin of all time. I have two lovely MS but no proofs.

The photos and bio are a really nice treat!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE