Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Storing sets in penny sleeves

I store my vintage sets in penny sleeves and toploaders, but I have a couple of modern sets sets I plan to store in penny sleeves. My question: how much space do the penny sleeves take? For example, will a 792-card set fit in a 900-count box or do I need to look at an 1600-count box?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JaktJakt Posts: 573
    You're going to need more than a 900 count box. Think of it this way. If you just stored a 792 set in a 900 count box, would there be enough room for another 792 empty penny sleeves? They take up more space than your realize. FWIW, I don't think they are necessary for the entire set.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    Roughly 270 to 330 cards can fit in each row /w top-loaded cards.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I have one set in penny sleeves, 1994 finest. I lost some cards before putting them in the sleeves when they stuck together, I found that the sleeves worked in keeping them apart, no sticking. I don't use top loads just the sleeves......If my memory is correct I think some of the other early 90's sets also stuck together but since I didn't put any of them together my memory has long since been purged.....

al.
  • Options
    I store my sets the same way and I use a 990 count single row box for the 792 card sets.They fit just fine.