Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ripped a 2014 Topps Series 2 Box

So was bored and passed by a comic book/baseball card shop on 89th St. in NYC. The closest thing to vintage they had was 1988 Score. So said what the heck and bought a 2014 Topps Jumbo Series 2 box and ripped it.

I have to be honest, it wasn't a whole lot of fun. Worthless base cards. A Tanaka base card with a damaged corner. An autograph of someone I never heard of. A silly Craig Biggio "relic". I am morally opposed to these relic cards, by the way.

The most interesting pulls to me were authentic banged-up 1966 Billy Herman and 1968 Jim Roland cards with the Topps gold stamp embossed on them.

Time to rip something old. Am expecting a 1972 Topps Series 3 pack any time now from BBCE.
Nikklos

Comments

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I'm the same way, rip stuff and always reqret it. Basically, you got a full Series II set though. You may be able to push those inserts on the bay, as there are lots of guys who attempt to complete the 45 (exaggarated just a bit) subsets. You should be able to recoup $20 or so to bring your cost below $90-$100.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Agree for the most part, but my Series 2 rip provided a /99 HOF patch and a /10 auto relic from a hot young player. Was able to easily pay for the box with just those two cards. But yeah, my modern rips typically produce a Yonder Alonso relic and Wily Peralta autograph.