Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS:1984 Topps Football BBCE sealed, non-X out from sealed Also 1988 Score Traded Glossy. All sold

This is my first time selling on the forum. I have had many buy transactions with other members, so I'm sure some of them will vouch for me. I've been in the accumulation phase of my collecting, and now its time to see if a few items can find a new, loving home.

First up is a terrific, 1984 Topps Football wax box. Box is BBCE sealed, non-X out, from a sealed case. Truly a spectacular box. SOLD!!

Also for sale is a 1988 Score Traded Glossy set. Set is factory sealed and in great condition. SOLD!!

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Comments

• Options
    1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    I am an obvious technological idiot as I can't figure out how to post pictures. I have pictures of both the wax box and Score set. Please PM me if interested. Or, explain to me like a five-year old how to post pictures.
  • Options
    null

Link to photos.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the pictures on a host site like Photobucket? You can't upload pictures from your computer to this site. They have to be on a host site. If you use Photobucket, just copy the url. Click on the small picture above where you type your message on here. Paste the url and submit the message.
    James
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks for the help James. I must have spent an hour trying to use the upload box. Now I know.
  • Options
    Bump for great items.
  • Options
    I've been curious for a long time, what would an "X out" signify?
  • Options

<< <i>I've been curious for a long time, what would an "X out" signify? >>

An Xed out box would be a box that was returned to Topps because the store that had the boxes/packs could not sell them. An Xed out box could be made up of packs from several boxes or it could be a case fresh box. Stores would send back unopened cases and Topps would open the cases and mark the boxes with a black marker and reseal the case. Some Topps employee would put a black X on the box while others would put a black line on the box. They type of mark varied from employee to employee. The boxes and cases would then be resold at a discount to other stores. The reason for the mark was so that the stores buying the boxes at the discounted price could not return the boxes a second time and get a refund of what the boxes originally sold for. Now the non Xed out boxes usually sell for a little bit of a premium.
    James
  • Options
    Thanks for the explanation
  • Options
    Open to reasonable offers.
  • Options
    Bump for very attractive price changes.
  • Options
    One more bump prior to the items being relegated to the doom of eBay. I wanted to keep them within the CU family. I know that someone out there is interested. Send me a PM and we'll work something out.
  • Options
    One final bump for a beautiful Sunday afternoon. If you have interest, please send me a PM and we can work on a deal.
  • Options
    Bump with prices in line with recent sales.
  • Options
    Updated for pending sale
  • Options
    Updated for sales. One item left.