Home Sports Talk

How many windows did you break while playing sports?

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
The post about the young golfer got me thinking.

2 for me. One bouncing a ball off the outside wall of the house and letting it go astray.

The other was a hard liner past two homes and into the basement window of the third.

Not bad for playing ball just about every day during the long summers.

Comments

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I don't break windows, I break bats...

Good for you.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    No window for me but I did manage to break the tv on my backswing. I wasn't told I couldn't take bp in the house until after the fact haha
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    We broke 1 playing soccer in the driveway. Technically I earned an assist. But my dad had a minor car accident the day and seemed more concerned with the 3 foot dent on the side of the car, than the window. The other was a windshield. It was a line drive foul ball at little league. I was a decent hitter, but pulled the ball too much.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • growing up in philly we played stick ball and halfies. Does anyone know what halfies is anymore? Long story short the factories had windows in the homerun area. Needless to say a few were broken...
  • I did a quick google search and found a website that sells the pimple balls were use to use to play halfies. We cut them in half which made it harder to it. Funney part it the site uses a photo of people in a tournament playing in the neighborhood I grew up in. Did any of you ever hear of this game?

halfies