Home Precious Metals

Gas up ASAP.

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
The gouging due to the new war in Iraq has already begun.

Maybe gold will go up too? (just to keep this on topic)
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The gouging due to the new war in Iraq has already begun.

Maybe gold will go up too? (just to keep this on topic) >>

How much of a jump have you endured.

I guess I will find out later today when filling up. image
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    It's up almost 20 cents from last week here.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

"gouging" is the right word ...........
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local fuel supplier adds 15 cents/gallon at every station in the area. You have to drive 10 miles out of town to save 15 cents so most don't do it.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesel is the price as last week, last month, last year.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Still cheap compared to some other Countries.
    It's all about supply and demand...and a little bit of gouging, but not as much as you might think.
    If people are buying it more because they think we're going to war, is the demand not higher? It is, so that means more can be charged, just like it would be if it was anything else (except Metals of course image
    The product being bought (whatever it might be) doesn't care why, it has no feelings, but the people who supply it take note and say, hey we have less now than we did last week and it's now costing more to make DAILY, so let's charge more.

Reasons why: Combine this "war effect" with it's Summer gas which costs more because of the regulated Summer additives that must meet specs because the Govt. says so...people are driving more because it is Summer...another survey comes out with confirmation that people are still going to drive on that Summer vacation they saved up for all year no matter what the price is. Do you not think that's music to the Oil companies ears?

Anyway, as long as people are continuing to use more and are paying the premium, it's going higher. I think we in the Metals arena have lost touch that when supply weakens and demand for the product is high...it's going to rise in value. The Oil market is working like clockwork, exactly the way it should and almost completely opposite of the way the Metals arena is. Alllllllllllllllllllllllllll jmho.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
    Diesel is the price as last week, last month, last year

You didn't ask for it but here's my thoughts why.
    ULSD (Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel) is used mainly by trucks that haul everything we buy to the local place we buy it. If the cost of ULSD goes up any more, the cost of everything we buy goes up more. It affects more people than Gasoline does and the market setters know this and don't want this (wait for it....) because that would then take $ out of the market and it would fall to it's more realistic values. So they keep the charade going.

ULSD is a necessity, Gasoline is a luxury and why it costs more. Most luxury items costs more than essential things that affect more peoples wallets.
    Actually diesel is more expensive than gas and is cheaper to refine. Trucking companies are being screwed.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually diesel is more expensive than gas and is cheaper to refine. Trucking companies are being screwed. >>

I believe that the diesel is higher due to taxes, trying to make the trucks pay for the damage they do to the roads.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    Actually diesel is more expensive than gas and is cheaper to refine. Trucking companies are being screwed.

You just made my point coho. If all things were equal, gasoline is a by-product of ULSD and it's the gasoline that's higher at the pump, shouldn't ULSD be substantially higher than the gas? You have to refine the ULSD, gasoline is a by-product of that refining process.
    ULSD is being held down on purpose because if it were allowed to be at its true level of cost to the consumer, it would affect more people for reasons previously stated.

But they are not equal. If a car can get let's say 25 mpg and a semi truck gets 10 mpg if they are lucky, and truck drivers driver far more miles a year than the avg. person that drives a car even with there being more cars than trucks on the road...which product do you think there is more of stored (ready for consumption)? There's more ULSD surprisingly.
    So with that said if there's more ULSD than Gasoline available for use, which is higher to the end user? Gasoline
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im seeing gas prices in ct. at $4.03 now for regular image
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I pumped a few gallons at $4.68 in Waikoloa just to get to the other side of the Island. In Hilo I filled up with $4.12/gallon.
  • AcesCrackedAcesCracked Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Just filled up both vehicles here in Kansas at 3.38. Also filled all mower containers. I'm ready

Tom
  • Gettysburg pa is 3.79 and going north........ bend over and grab your ankles! here it comes
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally surprised that the terrorist attack on the refinery in Iraq isn't being reported as "an unplanned plant shutdown".
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Between my daily driver Xterra and my F150, I hold 54 gallons. Always fill up at 3/4 tank in either.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gas will climb and the Oil Companies will break records in profits again
  • reddwingreddwing Posts: 137 ✭✭
    How much is bottle water per gallon?

<< <i>How much is bottle water per gallon? >>

80 Cents from my supplier.

Want them from Fiji, Probably $10 or higher depending on bottle size and retailer.
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gas will climb and the taxes the GOV collects will break records in revenue again >>

I fixed your typo :-)
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
    $3.77 today, down from $3.95 Monday. What's funny is the higher it goes, the busier the gas stations are.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    $3.34 Monday was 3.38 gallon this evening.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭
    Today I Paid $4.09 Reg. It was $4.19 Mid, $4.29 Prem. & $4.09 Diesel

Detroit Suburb
    image Steam Power
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    $3.49 per gallon this morning in NJ.
    $9.20 in Italy. image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

<< <i>$3.49 per gallon this morning in NJ.
    $9.20 in Italy. image >>

Hey, Sophia Loren and cannoli. It's worth it!
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$3.49 per gallon this morning in NJ.
    $9.20 in Italy. image >>

Shows how fortunate we are in this country.
    As I recall, gasoline in Europe hit $2 a gallon in 1960!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    So with that said if there's more ULSD than Gasoline available for use, which is higher to the end user? Gasoline

Diesel fuel is the same as home heating oil. Diesel should be much lower than gasoline.

Remarkable that the Mideast situation has not roiled the oil, metals and stock markets.

This will be map changing before it is over.

I understand the tranquility though as we seem negotiate one crisis after another with the deft maneuverability of Tarzan floating across a forest of vines.

This one may stick though, and stick hard.

Just maybe gas isn't going up. Consider the possibility that the dollar is going down. Dollar devaluation at work.

<< <i>Diesel fuel is the same as home heating oil. Diesel should be much lower than gasoline. >>

The differences is taxes.

• fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Our trucking costs have gone up 3x in the last year. Diesel obviously has not.

• << <i>So with that said if there's more ULSD than Gasoline available for use, which is higher to the end user? Gasoline

Diesel fuel is the same as home heating oil. Diesel should be much lower than gasoline. >>

get it at the gas station in cans. bring it home and dump into truck so you can avoid the 60 cents in road tax. Just DONT get caught....

<< <i>

<< <i>So with that said if there's more ULSD than Gasoline available for use, which is higher to the end user? Gasoline

Diesel fuel is the same as home heating oil. Diesel should be much lower than gasoline. >>

get it at the gas station in cans. bring it home and dump into truck so you can avoid the 60 cents in road tax. Just DONT get caught.... >>

or install a 250 gallon heating oil tank above ground next to the house for your "heater." Then just gravity feed it through a hose into you diesal fuel tank.

Farmers threatened to march on the capital when the news announced the state police would be monitoring road vehicles for off-road diesel.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Home heating oil works fine in a diesel in the warmer months at least. A guy I know has a forced hot air heater installed in his garage that is oil fired. He also has an older mercedes that has a diesel engine that he keeps in the garage.

He gets oil from 3 different oil companies and he never runs the heat in his garage image
  • Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gas will climb and the Oil Companies will break records in profits again >>

And nobody make a fuss about this or about the fact the the oil companies expect you, the taxpayers, to fund their exploration efforts.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $3.69 for the hemi last night.
    I plan to make this my mantra when talking with any of my liberal friends & acquaintances - go ahead and take the lead - stop driving that car!

They never will.

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>I plan to make this my mantra when talking with any of my liberal friends & acquaintances - go ahead and take the lead - stop driving that car!

They never will. >>

95% of my trips to the post office are by bike. As post offices are pretty local, half of the commuters (save for those with large mailings) can walk or ride. They don't though, parking lot is always loaded with autos.
    I catch hell for driving a V-8 Caddy even though the six speed tranny gives me 35+ miles to the gallon while cruising.

<< <i>I catch hell for driving a V-8 Caddy even though the six speed tranny gives me 35+ miles to the gallon while cruising. >>

I hope you're showing them the back side of your pimp hand for that nonsense.

I park my truck next to the e-vehicle charging spots at work to say 'thanks for not using my gas'.
    I drive a 350 Hemi. It's fun.

I would like to know where the line is for that taxpayer money to explore for oil. I've got a couple spots I'd like to drill. In years past, we always had to pay our own bills when we drilled. Didn't realize we were doing it wrong.image
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CNG, I can get it for as low as $1.17 a gallon, drive in the car pool lane alone, and I have fastrak.

<< <i>$3.69 for the hemi last night. >>

$3.67 for the hemi last night, same station. That's a whole 50cents discount per tank from Thurs to Sun, shwing!
    Hemi? Pics are imperative at this point!image

I knew it would happen.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭
    $3.49 still here in Southeast Ga. $3.79 for off-road diesel for my tractor.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

<< <i>Hemi? Pics are imperative at this point!image >>

It's nothing tasty like an old Cuda, just a truck - gotta haul big paintings around and the 6 footers don't fit in the jeep all too well. I do drive it like a sports car though, that right pedal gets a heavy foot on it a lot with my 40mile HWY trips to the office, ha!

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Yeah!image

I knew it would happen.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    $3.35 today
    Avid collector of GSA's.