Home Sports Talk

How far a drive from a major college or pro sports venue?

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
120 miles to see the pros In Phoenix.

University of Arizona bout 7 miles down the road!

Need to get there more often.

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    1 hour from Cleveland, Akron, Columbus
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    3 1/2 miles to SAP Center.
    8 miles to Levi's Stadium.
    17 miles to Stanford Stadium.
    38 miles to Oracle Arena and O.Co Coliseum.
    44 miles to Candlestick Park.
    47 miles to AT&T Park.

The only venue I drive to is Candlestick Park. All others I use public transportation or a combination of park and ride.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    About 30 minutes from Rutgers, an hour from Philly and an hour and a half from New York.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    About 7 miles from Cheney Stadium, which is home of the Rainers- the Mariners AAA affiliate.

35 miles from Century Link, Safeco Field, and Husky Stadium
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    20 miles from Arco Arena, or whatever it's called this month, home of the basketball KINGS! No other teams (college or pro) in Nor Cal that are relevant to me. About 450 miles to Dodger Stadium, Rose Bowl (UCLA football), Pauley Pavilion (UCLA Hoops) and in the center of HOCKEY TOWN the Staples Center!
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at a nice spot right in the middle of a bunch of places. 45 minutes from Baltimore, 2 hours from Philly, DC, and PSU, and 4 hours from Pittsburg.

Also have a minor league team right here in York, 30 minute away in Lancaster, and 30 minutes away in Harrisburg.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    oh yeah, close to everything L.A. has to offer and it's possible to get there on time if 7 million people just left town the day before.
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>oh yeah, close to everything L.A. has to offer and it's possible to get there on time if 7 million people just left town the day before. >>

+1, but add 10 minutes to cross the Valley.

Also 4 hrs to get to a chargers game. That includes the drive from LA, parking far and then taking public transportation to the stadium. I go once every other year.

Edit: I don't know if this is known or not, but no one uses miles to measure anything in L.A. I don't know physical distance to anywhere. We just want to know how long we will be in the car to get from point A to point B.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • 2 hrs from penn state and 3 hrs or 10 mins to philly sports depending on what house I am at!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    20 mins from Tampa...Bucs , Lightning. 5 mins from downtown Saint Petersburg and the rays.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 12 miles to both Dodger Stadium and UCLA. A little further to Staples

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • I live across the street from Doak Campbell Stadium (FSU).
  • ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    Live in iowa city. So get to iowa events often. But then it is 3-5 hours to see pro sports.
  • royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    10 minutes from Spartan Stadium in East Lansing.

1.5 hours from Ford Field and Comerica Park

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>10 minutes from Spartan Stadium in East Lansing.

1.5 hours from Ford Field and Comerica Park >>

I used to jog at the Jenison field house at MSU. Old home of Magic Johnson!
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we count Gonzaga's Kennel as a major college venue, then about 5 miles for me. If not? 30 miles to the campus of Eastern Washington (red field!) or 90 miles to the campus of Washington State.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5 hrs to Syracuse or 3 hrs. to Penn State.

3.5 Hrs to Philly or NYC.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress