Home Sports Talk
Options

Lonnie Chisenhall, back in Little League for a night.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tonight Lonnie Chisenhall is having a career night as Cleveland plays Texas. He just hit his third HR in the eighth inning which gives him nine RBI, something like 17 total bases and has raised his average around 20 points to something like .385. I don't know what the guy did in the off-season or what the coaches and other players finally got him to believe, but he is night-and-day from last season. This year he seems to have plugged the hole he had in his swing so he can still hit with power but covers the whole field instead of just pulling to right. He now leaves the Indians with a problem that every Team hopes to have-----how do they find a way to make certain he plays every day.

The odd-men out seem to be Carlos Santana and Nick Swisher, both hampered with injuries and now needing to ramp it up a bit. Having watched Tery Francona work magic with the Red Sox and after last years juggling act in Cleveland I think it will be a fun ride. If you get to see the game clip of third HR Chisenhall hits the camera looks into the Indians dugout and you can see the skipper mouth the word "WOW" as the ball leaves the park.

Is there a better sport to watch than Baseball when a Team you follow is playing well??image

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most players don't get nine RBIs in a month. Unbelievable!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    What a ride this season is shaping up to be.

This recent surge will hopefully help me sell off the remaining games I am not going to use. Haha

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there a better sport to watch than Baseball when a Team you follow is playing well?? >>

There is nothing better....a game a day through the lazy summer is heaven.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......................and with cable TV and daily replays it's almost impossible to miss a game. today's live broadcast will be while I'm at work but I think the replay is tonight at 7 and tomorrow at 5AM. heaven indeed.image