Home Sports Talk

Let the conspiracy talk begin

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
With 3 mins. left in game 1 of NBA finals and the AC out for over 10 mins. the heat in the bldg. is stifling. This clearly affected LeBron. If the Spurs win will it be because of the AC out?
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    How can he play for the heat and then be bothered by the heat??
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it was true both sides had to play in the "heat" there was no doubt LeBron was affected by it. In an open mic while he was sitting down during the "heat wave", he was heard saying "they are trying to smoke us out". It's doubtful that the Heat will resort to any underhandedness when the series goes to Miami. Would be too obvious.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>While it was true both sides had to play in the "heat" there was no doubt LeBron was affected by it. In an open mic while he was sitting down during the "heat wave", he was heard saying "they are trying to smoke us out". It's doubtful that the Heat will resort to any underhandedness when the series goes to Miami. Would be too obvious. >>

Are you insinuating that it was a premeditated stratagem by the Spurs organization? They knew that slashing the a/c would debilitate the opposition's best player while having a complete reverse effect on their own, whereby they'd collectively miss two shots the entire fourth quarter? Now that's some serious clairvoyance right there. Perhaps next they can lower the bar and pinpoint the exact whereabouts of MH370.

Please, please go get drug tested pronto.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    grassy knoll, grassy knoll!!!!!
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeahhhhh, because basketball is a sport that cant be played when its hot...........Aren't the players already hot and sweating anyways? What does it matter if its a little more hot in the building.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

<< <i>Yeahhhhh, because basketball is a sport that cant be played when its hot...........Aren't the players already hot and sweating anyways? What does it matter if its a little more hot in the building. >>

I like your view!

In my 30's we used to play in the Summer Michigan sun for hours. Start at maybe noon and go till 4.

Sat out a few sets, sure, but I guarantee that I got in much more than 48 minutes.

does this mean Chris Andersen was a broiled rainbow chicken?
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I could see them doing it on purpose..
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Clearly the Spurs did this on purpose because they knew it would only affect the Heat players... and in particular Lebron. The Spurs had intel on this.

<< <i>Clearly the Spurs did this on purpose because they knew it would only affect the Heat players... and in particular Lebron. The Spurs had intel on this. >>

I still wouldn't put it past them..
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LBJ was affected more than any other player. Did the Spurs realize that would be the case and deliberately turn off the AC? Quite possible. Let's see what the Heat do to retaliate when the series moves to Miami.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

my guess is they'll invite about 20,000 of their most passionate belching, farting, exhaling fans into their arena which should be at least enough to give the Spurs watery eyes.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LBJ was affected more than any other player. Did the Spurs realize that would be the case and deliberately turn off the AC? Quite possible. Let's see what the Heat do to retaliate when the series moves to Miami. >>

Probably win.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    First off, the A/C was out all day. To LeBron's credit, he knew he's been susceptible to cramps in the past, and attempted to hydrate himself as best he could. His body let him down. I hate LeBron as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to criticize him for this.

As for conspiracy theories, galaxy nailed it on the head...while the Spurs might be deeper, they are considerably older. One would think if the heat was going to impact somebody, it'd be them.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No conspiracy...as was pointed out, the Spurs would theoretically be hurting themselves as much if not more than their opponents.

Just thinking out loud...Jordan played with cramps on more than one occasion. He also played an entire game with a 100+ degree fever. Do you think LeBron or most any other player today would do that?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No conspiracy...as was pointed out, the Spurs would theoretically be hurting themselves as much if not more than their opponents.

Just thinking out loud...Jordan played with cramps on more than one occasion. He also played an entire game with a 100+ degree fever. Do you think LeBron or most any other player today would do that? >>

I don't think any player had the sheer will that Jordan possessed. That is why (along with his talent) he is the GOAT.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>No conspiracy...as was pointed out, the Spurs would theoretically be hurting themselves as much if not more than their opponents.

Just thinking out loud...Jordan played with cramps on more than one occasion. He also played an entire game with a 100+ degree fever. Do you think LeBron or most any other player today would do that? >>

I heard once that Eddie Gaedel played an at bat of baseball and he's a dwarf. I bet Jordan wouldn't have played if he was a dwarf.
    My eBay Store =)

• mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just thinking out loud...Jordan played with cramps on more than one occasion. He also played an entire game with a 100+ degree fever. Do you think LeBron or most any other player today would do that? >>

Jordan came out of Game 4 of the 1997 Finals due to stomach cramps.

If Jordan ever played with cramps, then they obviously weren't as bad as Lebron's. Lebron's body didn't allow him to play.
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    This is nothing new in the NBA. Boston did that all the time
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
    ....all the divas in the NBA can take a lesson from this young lady (who is a Tucson local btw).

Text
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Sheer silliness to think they would break the AC unless it was a clear and obvious advantage to them. Even then it would be highly unlikely. In this instance there is no clear cut advantage so this is 100% impossible and anybody that thinks there is even in a sliver of a possibility is delusional.
    Heat win with the AC on, Lebron shoots 35 points..... image
    My eBay Store =)

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he's actually started drinking Powerade now instead of just taking their money to promote them.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Does anyone think the ac will go out again in game 5? or game 7? Hmmmmmm

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game 2 thoughts:

When the Heat erased that double-digit deficit early on, it felt like a game they were ultimately going to steal. Those costly misses at the charity stripe by Parker and Duncan were ominous signs. When LeBron is on, it's impossible to defend the guy. Years ago his Achilles' heel was his mid-range game, but that's a thing of the past. And when you double up on him, he kicks it out to Bosh for the most important assist of the night.

Here's hoping for another split in Miami, cuz I want this to turn into a best-of-three.