Home Precious Metals

Anyone buy generic gold from jmbullion?

I called to ask if their 63 libs had any copper spots? The reason I asked is that the major dealers will discount twenties for spots. The person answering the phone said he was a call center and their was no one to talk to about the graded gold. He had no idea what I was talking about and then went on a sales pitch that made no sense. Anybody order graded coins from them.
Bill
Coin Junkie

cameoproofcoins.com

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I called to ask if their 63 libs had any copper spots? The reason I asked is that the major dealers will discount twenties for spots. The person answering the phone said he was a call center and their was no one to talk to about the graded gold. He had no idea what I was talking about and then went on a sales pitch that made no sense. Anybody order graded coins from them. >>

Something like this I would want to see before buying. Suggest going to a coin show, your local coin shop, or buying from an on-line coin dealer that will take the time to send you a pic of what you'll be getting.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have an online chat as well as a contact form. Ask them what their buyback price is and if they discount for copper spots. Do the same dealers who discount for spots when buying, also do so when selling?
    theknowitalltroll;
    I've seen some really attractive MS63 double eagles and I've seen some really ugly MS63 double eagles. I still recommend buying them sight seen only.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• Generally most of the major wholesalers will not sell with spots, with one exception that used to. They will generally have coins conserved if ngc and sell without spots. Not sure re pcgs as I have never bought any from these dealers with spots.
    Bill
    Coin Junkie

cameoproofcoins.com
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Generally most of the major wholesalers will not sell with spots, with one exception that used to. They will generally have coins conserved if ngc and sell without spots. Not sure re pcgs as I have never bought any from these dealers with spots. >>

Contact JMBullion thru one of the other methods [info@JMBullion would be one] and ask them if they sell graded gold coins with spots. If so, then ask them if they would buy them back at the same price over spot as the non spotted ones.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is a 63 Lib considered generic gold?
    LCoopie = Les
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is a 63 Lib considered generic gold? >>

If it's a common date, yes.

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

<< <i>

<< <i>Is a 63 Lib considered generic gold? >>

If it's a common date, yes. >>

Agree. Generic means it's a common date within the series and that they are all priced pretty much the same for that specific grade within that series. It doesn't mean that you can necessarily buy it close to melt.