Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Is Dacardworld a reputable source for unopened?

I was thinking about buying some unopened from them, what do you all think?

Comments

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about vintage material. In my opinion they are a very reputable source for unopened modern cards. From my ripping experience, I have had the proper number of quality cards coming out of their unopened. Generally, I think their prices are very reasonable and they have good customer service and free shipping with orders over a certain amount (and the free shipping is usually 3 day delivery IIRC). The only pre-2000's box I have purchased from them was a 1986 Topps FB wax box that is marked "from a sealed case" by them. I don't believe they much in the 70's, 80's material but I could be mistaken.
    Steve
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought any pre-1980 but what I have bought has been authentic and unsearched (stars showing on cellos, etc).
  • Just purchased some 80's traded sets from them so that's the oldest I have from them but in my past dealings (modern unopened) they are good. Will be buying my series 2 jumbo from them next week.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Keep in mind that DA Cardworld is a big buyer of unopened.
    You can make your own conclusion....

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭
    not sure if they sent these in for grading or if they bought already graded but ...

Fake 1970 FB pack

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased a bunch of early 1980's football from D&A before they raised their prices. Each items was exactly as described and legit. I would purchase from D&A all day long.

However I also heard that some of the GAI packs they have are questionable. I don't blame D&A for that as much as GAI. I believe any GAI pack is questionable regardless of who is selling it.
    Mike
  • goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    I would say they could improve on the way and how they send boxes inside bigger boxes, they'll load all the heavies in one corner and attempt to fill the rest of the box with the brown paper, this just doesn't work.

Two out of my last three purchases were damaged due to ineffective packaging practice. One was split open and crushed on the light end.

I was given a refund on one of the misfires and the other one inside were not affected, I did the taking photos route on this one prior to opening, that's how bad it was.

Stay awake from the repacked boxes also, there mostly store returns that have been previously jostled about. They do make it known that they can't verify the contents because of this factor and they are sold at a lower rate because of that.

1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would say they could improve on the way and how they send boxes inside bigger boxes, they'll load all the heavies in one corner and attempt to fill the rest of the box with the brown paper, this just doesn't work.

Two out of my last three purchases were damaged due to ineffective packaging practice. One was split open and crushed on the light end.

I was given a refund on one of the misfires and the other one inside were not affected, I did the taking photos route on this one prior to opening, that's how bad it was.

Stay awake from the repacked boxes also, there mostly store returns that have been previously jostled about. They do make it known that they can't verify the contents because of this factor and they are sold at a lower rate because of that. >>

I agree with this comment about shipping. I think the peanuts BBCE uses, while messy, are a safer alternative than the paper used by DA. That said, I have had one box that was ever damaged during shipping. It was a $5-7 blaster box I got for my son to rip last Black Friday so I didn't make any stink about it. The only time I had an issue (where a box was missing from an order) they resolved that quickly and sent the missing box. I also like that the boxes get to me quickly and again free shipping is a plus.
    Steve
  • spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    I have always had good communication with them. A few years ago I purchased two 4 card Mexican packs and received 2 card packs. They sent the right ones and told me to keep the others. You have to be a good shopper anywhere you purchase. I have purchased clearance sealed cases of stuff and they were always doubled packed and damage free. I cant really complain for myself
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Keep in mind that DA Cardworld is a big buyer of unopened. >>

You mean, like BBCE is?
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience they lack the expertise to detect resealed packs (I have received multiple resealed packs from them). While I am sure they have sold tons and tons of 100% legit vintage unopened I will never buy a non-modern pack/box off them again.
    For modern they seem good and I would not hesitate to buy modern unopened from them.

Robb
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭