Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Your Thoughts On Potential Crossing

Give me your thoughts on crossing these, if you wouldn't mind.

I've recently converted from SGC to PSA as I'm getting older and want the best return I can get for my kids and grand kids, I'm a Vietnam veteran, Air Force, and have over 20 years service with a major corporation, retired with pension and SS.

My question is, does it make since to cross these to get the best return for my heirs?

I collected 1957, 1959, 1960, and 1962's as well as 1963's baseball as a kid and have later on, in fact I have a complete '62 Master Set, mostly raw, but about 35% PSA, and mostly all raw '57,'59, '60 and '63. My take, the '62 Perry is one of the best centered Perry rookies I've seen, I just wonder if the two white tipped corners, top rt. and bottom lt, knock it down? The Brock is historically o/c, but this one seems better than most. The '72 Staubach, probably okay for the grade, but seems o/c t-b and l-r, to me. The '66 Perry, never have liked this card. I realize, last card in the set yada, yada, but really is this seriously an 8? If it's an 8, the '62 is a 10....lol.

I'd appreciate your thoughts....keep it pithy.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I think the first two would cross
    But not the Perry's
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    I would say the Staubach is the closest to a sure crossover with a possible .5 bump. The Brock also looks good. Although slightly off center it is well within PSA 8 guidelines. The 62 Perry would worry me slightly with the touched corners that you mentioned. I have certainly seen worse PSA 7's but I have also seen 6's that looked like yours. The 66 Perry, although definitely off centered, I believe is easily inside of the 65/35 centering of an 8 and the corners look great. So, it would not surprise me if all of your cards crossed evenly. Unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if the Perry's didn't.
  • BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    They all look great but why change holders?
    1964 Topps Football
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    They will all come back trimmed or a lower grade
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Simple. PSA in same grade garners more when it comes time to cash in. Thus more for my inheritors.
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I think the first two would cross But not the Perry's

+1

• << <i>They will all come back trimmed or a lower grade >>

Maybe,

but

before
    after
    before
    after
    this one was submitted to SGC for a cross and came back "evidence of trimming."

So, while I think generally you are correct, grading is subjective and is done by humans, and we, humans, all make mistakes from time to time, except for me. LOL. I certainly do not want to start comparing one TPG to another, not my intent at all. Merely stating PSA overall garners greater returns than does the others. That you can't dispute.

The intent of my thread was, in the opinion of the experienced people on the board, is the return worth the investment to attempt to cross the cards pictured.

And you truly may be correct, they may well come back as you stated. But then.....
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I think the Staubach and 66 Perry are fine, the 62 Brock's upper left corner would worry me
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    i'd cross staunch and brock, leave perry's be