Home Sports Talk
Options

The Heat are good......but.......

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
No comparison to the Bulls of the 90's. They dominated every body and there were some really good teams they had to contend with. And they had a 72-10 season, which no one has approached since. And they did this all without a center.

The Bulls 3 peated twice and would have won 8 years straight if MJ would not have gone on his 2 year Baseball goof-up!

The Heat are not the Bulls......and.....James is not Jordan.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's saying the Heat are better than that Bulls team or that James (as phenomenal as he is) is better than Jordan, the GOAT?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Grote beat me to it.

I didn't see anyone here, or anywhere else, ever compare the Heat to the Bulls
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Bulls 3 peated twice and would have won 8 years straight if MJ would not have gone on his 2 year Baseball goof-up! >>

I liked his attempt at baseball. It came after his father was tragically killed and he had accomplished pretty much everything on the court. He also bought a cool team bus for his minor league buddies.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    What about Bill Wennington??

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. A tranquil post by DIMEMAN. I had some thoughts on this topic, but I'm a little creeped out right now.
  • Options
    I just got tired of all the hype last night about how great it was that the Heat were going to the finals for the 4th year in a row. And only the Lakers and Celtics have done that. Blah Blah Blah! No mention of the 2 3 peats and 6 out of 8 years Champs for the Bulls.

And like I said it would have been 8 straight for the Bulls if not for Jordan thinking he could play Baseball!!

ARGH!!!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And like I said it would have been 8 straight for the Bulls if not for Jordan thinking he could play Baseball!! >>

Jordan may have been the greatest player ever, but quite a jump to award him two additional titles had he just shown up. At the least, he may have gotten injured during one of the seasons or perhaps less likely, a rogue ref or two may have started calling him for travelling.
  • Options
    It's pretty plain and safe to say......Bulls win 3....Jordan leaves for 2.....Jordan returns and Bulls win 3 more.

Then everyone leaves.....or they might have won a couple more!
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Go Spurs Go
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got tired of all the hype last night about how great it was that the Heat were going to the finals for the 4th year in a row. And only the Lakers and Celtics have done that. Blah Blah Blah! No mention of the 2 3 peats and 6 out of 8 years Champs for the Bulls.

And like I said it would have been 8 straight for the Bulls if not for Jordan thinking he could play Baseball!!

ARGH!!! >>

I think that Hakeem would have been a huge challenge for the Bulls with Jordan and fatigue after winning 3 or 4 in a row would have been tough for the Bulls to go through.....They won 6 of 8, I am one not to give them two titles especially since Jordan came back for one of those seasons under "45".
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    What I always thought was amazing.....the Bulls' 6 titles////none went 7 games. Jordan was great. I used to always say....Jordan can be beaten; but not 4 times. It was a great run by the Bulls.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I think the Bulls would have won 9 in a row 91-99 if MJ didn't retire in 93 and would have made 11 straight Finals (91-01) if the jerry's didn't dismantle the team. whether or not they beat the Lakers in 2000 or 2001, Is a toss up.
  • Options
    I think Shaq would have been too much for the Bulls....plus Pippen seemed to go down quickly. I think they would have won 8 in a row had MJ not retired.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    they seemed to handle him just fine in 96. I think PIP still played well in 2000 & think they would have split the two times in the finals
  • Options
    In 2000 Shaq had really elevated his game. He was darn near unstoppable. It would have been interesting to say the least.