Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can't contact seller on eBay anymore?

This may have been brought up here and I missed it, but as far as I can tell we can no longer contact the seller?
The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
TheClockworkAngelCollection

Comments

• Options
    PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Click on the user name. Upper right hand corner is a contact link.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Are you looking underneath the item description? Should be a link that says "Ask a Question"

unless the seller has you blocked this should work
  • Options
    I believe it violates the eBay TOS to include your email or phone number in the listing.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This may have been brought up here and I missed it, but as far as I can tell we can no longer contact the seller? >>

If they see your going out side of eBay too much they block you from communication with any sellers. I'm not sure how long it last but it's not forever. Just use another account if you want to ask a question and it should work.
  • Options

<< <i>Are these guys breaking the rules, rules different for different sellers or is it OK for me put my phone # in the listing and mention call or text? >>

I'm looking into it... want to be able to point you to the eBay policy that governs this.

Definitely no email addresses.

I don't have a clear answer on phone # yet. Most of what I have read is 3rd parties saying eBay policy prohibits them.

NOTE: for both of these, eBay rules are rarely enforced. You'll be fine if you include it in 99% of instances.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's OK to post your phone number and email address in the listing. You just can't post it in the title, subtitle, in the item location, or in an image.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html
    Email addresses, phone numbers and domain names in the title, subtitle, images or item location
    Restricted: Listing contact information (including home page web addresses that promote websites outside of eBay) in the title, subtitle, item location, or images is only allowed when the item for sale is a domain name.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like it's OK to post your phone number and email address in the listing. You just can't post it in the title, subtitle, in the item location, or in an image.

Email addresses, phone numbers and domain names in the title, subtitle, images or item location
    Restricted: Listing contact information (including home page web addresses that promote websites outside of eBay) in the title, subtitle, item location, or images is only allowed when the item for sale is a domain name. >>

Definitely not true. That says you can only include an email address in the title if you are selling it. I.E. someone purchases a business and gets the associated business email addresses with it. See my link above.

Phone numbers: unclear. eBay sure doesn't make this easy to find!
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    They are getting rid of me pages? I know a lot of sellers who have every one of their listing's descriptions tell people to check out their me page which then has a direct link to their website where they have all their cards available.

A few months ago I tried to put my email address in the little store logo that they allow you to put above your listings. At some point it was taken down by ebay.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like it's OK to post your phone number and email address in the listing. You just can't post it in the title, subtitle, in the item location, or in an image.

Restricted: Listing contact information (including home page web addresses that promote websites outside of eBay) in the title, subtitle, item location, or images is only allowed when the item for sale is a domain name. >>

Definitely not true. That says you can only include an email address in the title if you are selling it. I.E. someone purchases a business and gets the associated business email addresses with it. See my link above.

Phone numbers: unclear. eBay sure doesn't make this easy to find! >>

I think you're reading it wrong. It says you can't post a phone # or email in certain areas, which means you CAN post it other areas (like in the description of an auction). If they weren't allowed in the description then why wouldn't they mention that it's not allowed in the description?
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This may have been brought up here and I missed it, but as far as I can tell we can no longer contact the seller? >>

If they see your going out side of eBay too much they block you from communication with any sellers. I'm not sure how long it last but it's not forever. Just use another account if you want to ask a question and it should work. >>

Oops lol
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options

<< <i>I think you're reading it wrong. It says you can't post a phone # or email in certain areas, which means you CAN post it other areas (like in the description of an auction). If they weren't allowed in the description then why wouldn't they mention that it's not allowed in the description? >>

I don't know the answer definitively, because eBay's policy is pretty unclear.

However, when a legal-ish document says you CAN'T do something under certain circumstances, that most definitely does NOT mean you can under all others not enumerated.