Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If you're in need of a few giggles tonight, check this one out...

mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of the better descriptions I've come across. The coins are real, but I don't think she's really got them...

Great coin descriptions, you must buy!!!

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with english that poor I seriously doubt the seller is in oregon.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>with english that poor I seriously doubt the seller is in oregon. >>

Well maybe Portland.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    lostincoinslostincoins Posts: 4,278
    We will see I bid on them so there.
  • Options
    Tookybandit a lot of stores look like that in Milwaukeeimage
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Um, I just clicked on that link, and found.....nothing. WTH is going on with ebay??????
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    Hey there I actually bid on this to see what happened and this is the third item I bid on today that got pulled without notice to me the bidder.
  • Options
    WTH is going on??? I clicked the above link just a few moments ago, for the THIRD time. There was a set of 'copy' coins, with 'copy' on the reverse, clearly marked on them, yet listed in 'Morgan Dollars' category. Just went back, and they are not there now. Had almost 3 full days to go......I'm wondering when Rod Serling is going to pop up.

edited....just found them halfway down the page, here. Now, these are in the 'Morgan Dollars' category...how on earth does something like this get reported now? Judith would normally have these booted inside 24 hrs. Now, if you even try to report this, you can't, as you'll find, in the listing reporting link, "The item in this listing is a replica coin, replica paper money, or replica stamp that has not been clearly marked as a reproduction, replica, or copy." This is one if the reasons they made 'fantasy issues' category. Reported it using the listing link, and this is what comes up:

"Thank you for taking the time to submit this report. This information is very important to us, so please be assured that we will thoroughly review it and take action if necessary.

If there's a violation, the action we take depends on how it impacts our community. In some cases, we explain the situation to the seller, and the listing will remain on our website. If the item or listing doesn't follow our rules, we may cancel the listing. We may also restrict the seller's buying and selling activities on eBay.

To protect our users' privacy, we're unable to share the action we take. Thanks for understanding.

Note: You don't need to contact us again. Doing so would create a new report and prolong the process."

Prolong the process??? This is all we have to deal with these issues now? There are ALOT of unknowledgeable buyers who are all doomed on ebay. This will have no effect, and must be the 'black hole' mentioned in Judith's 'swan song' letter. BTW, I have NEVER used this to report an item.....but if this is our only way now, a lot of ebay coin buyers are throwing hard earned money down the drain, and ebay is supplying the plunger to make it go down the drain faster. Just unbelievable. Might as well re-title the coin category to 'The Wild West'.
  • Options
    I wounder if some of the emails we sent hit a nerve and as we know sh** rolls down hill so maybe someone is on the war path?
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Um, I just clicked on that link, and found.....nothing. WTH is going on with ebay?????? >>

i presume that the item was removed.

when i mouseover the link, i can see the url and i got the ebay number via that method - 151315488105

ebay.com/itm/151315488105

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Certainly seems to be poofed. I'd love to know how they are now removing items. Maybe, just maybe, it'll be done without having to report them??? Naaahhhhhhh.....I don't even think 'The Rock' can 'Smellllll whats cookin'!' with ebay now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file