Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SGC's new flips

I know this is a PSA site but was wondering what everyone thinks if the new SGC label. I thought they were coming out with a smaller holder but I guess they were just changing the flip. I think they missed the mark. Any other opinions?

Comments

• Options
    Make sure you're referring to the correct one. They announced one without a green border, which was criticized, but then shortly thereafter switched to this:

• Options
    RaulsmasterRaulsmaster Posts: 663 ✭✭
    Holy smokes! That's an 8.5?!
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    I guess it is cleaner looking than the other one I was just hoping they came down to a normal sized holder.
  • Options

<< <i>Holy smokes! That's an 8.5?! >>

No. The whole thing is photoshopped. It is just a demo of the flip. Not sure why they went with such a huge grade mismatch, but that isn't a real SGC-graded 8.5.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    did they omit the message boards? I dont see it on their home page anymore.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    The message boards should be back up in a week or two according to SGC staff. I called about it yesterday along with the population reporting.
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    not a fan of their new flip
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Not sure why the people complained about the no green bar one because I thought it was nice.
    This one is not much different then the old one..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I can't think of a worse mistake than to advertise your fledgling company's new design by showing a picture of a card that has been graded horribly inaccurately. Why would any person not already familiar with their service decide to use them if this were the only exposure they had to their quality?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>did they omit the message boards? I dont see it on their home page anymore. >>

The two chimps on the treadmills in the basement that provide power for the place ran out of bananas. Give them a week or two.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't think of a worse mistake than to advertise your fledgling company's new design by showing a picture of a card that has been graded horribly inaccurately. Why would any person not already familiar with their service decide to use them if this were the only exposure they had to their quality? >>

That picture was photo shopped by someone showing an example of their flip NOT SGC. As mentioned it is a demo of the flip and not a actually graded example of their new flip. Just need to take the time
    to read this thread.

aconte
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>did they omit the message boards? I dont see it on their home page anymore. >>

The two chimps on the treadmills in the basement that provide power for the place ran out of bananas. Give them a week or two. >>

Should combine them with the chimps from your board and then you might have a pretty active zoo.

aconte
  • Options
    I like the flip. It's basically very similar to PSA's, except for color.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

The two chimps on the treadmills in the basement that provide power for the place ran out of bananas. Give them a week or two. >>

Should combine them with the chimps from your board and then you might have a pretty active zoo.

aconte >>

Wahhh!

I actually sold the site going on two years ago. Thanks for playing though
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't think of a worse mistake than to advertise your fledgling company's new design by showing a picture of a card that has been graded horribly inaccurately. Why would any person not already familiar with their service decide to use them if this were the only exposure they had to their quality? >>

That picture was photo shopped by someone showing an example of their flip NOT SGC. As mentioned it is a demo of the flip and not a actually graded example of their new flip. Just need to take the time
    to read this thread.
    >>

This thread doesn't say who photoshopped it, so it could be SGC that photoshopped it. Neener neener. image
  • Options

<< <i>This thread doesn't say who photoshopped it, so it could be SGC that photoshopped it. Neener neener. image >>

Joe_G on the Net54 board did it (Flip with that image).
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their holder looks great, no denying. Older cards especially just look regal in it, to my eyes. As an avid reader of net54, I saw that flip situation develop; in turn I developed a lot of respect for how SGC listened to their loyal customers and chose the aesthetically superior flip design. Most companies would have been recalcitrant in that circumstance.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Their holder looks great, no denying. Older cards especially just look regal in it, to my eyes. As an avid reader of net54, I saw that flip situation develop; in turn I developed a lot of respect for how SGC listened to their loyal customers and chose the aesthetically superior flip design. Most companies would have been recalcitrant in that circumstance. >>

Matty, I'm very sorry, but you have just violated posting rule 29.2 subsection 18.b by using the word recalcitrant on a sports message board. Two weeks time out for you..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.