Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1976 Topps Baseball Wax Wrappers

Can anyone tell me how many variations there are of the 1976 Topps baseball wax wrappers? To date, I have found seven ("1976 Series" w/Team Pennants offer, "1976 Series" w/Sports Card Locker offer, "1976 Series" w/Sports Club offer, "1976 Series" w/Trade Cards By Mail offer, "All 660 Cards In One Series" w/Team Pennants Offer, "All 660 Cards In One Series" w/Sports Card Locker offer & "All 660 Cards In One Series" w/Team Checklist Cards offer ). The special offers on all seven of these wrappers list an expiration date with the year being 1976. I know that the "All 660 Cards In One Series" were also used in 1974, but I'm only interested in the variations with the 1976 special offer expiration date(s). I wanted to upload a picture of my wrappers, but am new to this forum and have no idea how to proceed with that option. Thanks in-advance for responding.

Comments

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about all the different varieties, but they did issue 15 cent packs (10 cards) and 10 cent packs (7 cards) that year. Not sure if they used the same wrappers for both. But there's some big 70s collectors on here that will probably chime in.

But to link an image, first upload the pic to a photo site (imgur, photobucket, etc.). Once uploaded, copy the url (web address), click the image button when composing your message (4th buttom from left, looks like a picture frame) and then paste the url in the dialog box.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to distinguish the difference between a 10c and a 15c by the wrapper as Topps used same wrappers for both versions. The only way to know for sure if you don't have the original box is by weighing the packs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There is no way to distinguish the difference between a 10c and a 15c by the wrapper as Topps used same wrappers for both versions. The only way to know for sure if you don't have the original box is by weighing the packs. >>

Or you could just rip them open to figure it out too. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There is no way to distinguish the difference between a 10c and a 15c by the wrapper as Topps used same wrappers for both versions. The only way to know for sure if you don't have the original box is by weighing the packs. >>

Or you could just rip them open to figure it out too. image >>

Not at these prices! That was old Tim! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    RLFRLF Posts: 8
    Thanks baz518...here's my attempt at posting a pic.image
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    First off, image to the boards!!

I just checked my packs and I have four of the variations you posted above with no additional ones to add.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I could help, and welcome! I checked what I've got and no variances from what you have, but I've only got a few.