Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What PSA registry sets did you earn badges for?

It looks like my tally will be 28 for this year (2014). I missed out on 30 by being passed on my 1948 Topps Magic Photo wrestling set (25) and 1955 Parkhurst wrestling set (121). I am obviously all over the place so it is tough to keep all of them at the top. I am happy to have my master set of 1954 Parkhurst cards eligible for a badge this year as well as my 1973 Wrestling Annuals at a GPA of 9.56. I'd say my disappointments are my signed 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A (only missing authentication on a Bruiser Brody) and my 1981 Popy Kajiwara (only missing Harley Race, logged 3/10). I plan on having a few more sets eligible besides my disappointments above and those include 1974 and hopefully the 1976 Yamakatsu wrestling card sets. I'm sure there are a few others I may make a run at for 2015.
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three of the Wrestling All Stars sets.

• ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    I hope 11 this year all baseball. Was 3 last year.
  • DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    I'm new to all this. Do they actually send you some sort of prize?
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm down to just five:

1948 Topps Magic Photo Baseball Hall of Fame
    1957 Kahn's Wieners
    1958 Hires Root Beet Test Set No Tabs
    1960 Kahn's Wieners
    1985 Topps Mini
  • Bob, I love your Kahns sets. Still wondering, is the badge an actual badge?
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like I'm down to just five:

1948 Topps Magic Photo Baseball Hall of Fame
    >>

That is a great one, congrats!
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    What's a badge?
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Congrats
  • DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422

<< <i>What's a badge? >>

+1.

• << <i>What's a badge? >>

The colored icon with a year in it. Earned for having the #1 set for that particular year.
  • Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    FIVE
    Blue is a set winner and yellow is a set registry award.

How would you know if you earned a badge for 2014 when they year isn't half over yet?
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    PSA's year, at least as far as registry awards are concerned, closes today.
  • Looks like 7. The best is Rich Gossage Basic 9.80. Kinda like that one.

<< <i>All three of the Wrestling All Stars sets. >>

Aren't these sets from the 80's? I looked for them but there was nothing between these two sets

1964 Slania Stamps World Champion Boxers (12)
    1988 Hostess Wrestlemania IV Stickers (1)

<< <i>

<< <i>All three of the Wrestling All Stars sets. >>

Aren't these sets from the 80's? I looked for them but there was nothing between these two sets

1964 Slania Stamps World Champion Boxers (12)
    1988 Hostess Wrestlemania IV Stickers (1) >>

82A

82B

They moved all wrestling sets that feature performers to the Non Sport category. A few sets that have collegiate wrestlers are still under Misc Sports. This category change will make it much more difficult for a wrestling set to win an award due to stiffer competition.

My final tally was 28 and I have two sets that did not make the cut that are at 100% and top rated right now. Good job to all winners out there. Nice to see them finally posted.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably had about 10. Mostly 1971 team sets. Also 1969 Topps basic with wax pack.
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Here's my first set to earn a badge. image

The N8 Collection 1990-91 Pro Set Super Bowl XXV Raiders
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases

<< <i>Here's my first set to earn a badge. image

The N8 Collection 1990-91 Pro Set Super Bowl XXV Raiders >>

Congrats! With all Gem Mint cards you will never be surpassed!
  • DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satchel Paige Set

Just tracking down a 48 Leaf makes this very small set a bit of a challenge.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Congrats guys! Matty, that's a heck of a Paige set.
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Looks like 32 badges for me this year. 20 last year.

Favorite Badge 1981 Donruss Master Set (A Labor of Love)
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My final tally was 28 and I have two sets that did not make the cut that are at 100% and top rated right now. Good job to all winners out there. Nice to see them finally posted. >>

I thought you automatically got the badge if you were the finest set with 100% for modern 95%+ for vintage. What gives, got the lead after the deadline?
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
    Yeah, I got some late poppage and have passed a set in the last month.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Got one for the All Time Celtics autographed set.

Mike's All Time Celtics Auto Rookies

I'd been trying to finish it for awhile and was glad that Pierce did a signing this year.
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to everyone!
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lev

• begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    pulled one for nolan ryan set...kinda surprised that donald spence didn't un-retire his set like he has for the past 8 years or so. maybe he sold it off or just didn't get around to it. either way, that guys collection is fn impressive.

and gave the nod to dpeck for the infamous carnation set to officially bury the hatchet....for 2014 awards at least! ; )
  • mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Got my first "10 Year" badge

Perez master

I got some set retirement help from biggies to get first year badge

Future HOF

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    16 badges out of my 24 sets. My favorite is my Heisman Trophy winners set! (football key card set)
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...

<< <i>pulled one for nolan ryan set...kinda surprised that donald spence didn't un-retire his set like he has for the past 8 years or so. maybe he sold it off or just didn't get around to it. either way, that guys collection is fn impressive.

and gave the nod to dpeck for the infamous carnation set to officially bury the hatchet....for 2014 awards at least! ; ) >>

Looks like you won the award for 2014 and not Dpeck..........

<< <i>

<< <i>pulled one for nolan ryan set...kinda surprised that donald spence didn't un-retire his set like he has for the past 8 years or so. maybe he sold it off or just didn't get around to it. either way, that guys collection is fn impressive.

and gave the nod to dpeck for the infamous carnation set to officially bury the hatchet....for 2014 awards at least! ; ) >>

Looks like you won the award for 2014 and not Dpeck.......... >>

I see what you did.

dpeck100 1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling

Bob had changed the name of the set to me a month or so back and I guess they picked it up. He also made some changes to the names of the other sets as well and once the badges were distributed on the leader boards they naturally gave it to the person in first place which is him.

Congrats Bob on your Nolan Ryan win and your set with the PSA 9 Flair is the real winner.

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my first "10 Year" badge >>

Crap. I was about to say that I got my first 10-year badge too (I was going to pin it on my shirt) for my '57 Kahn's set, when I noticed that my awards were for 2004-2005-2006-2007-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014. Hmmm, seems to be one missing. image

Turns out that I was missing one card in 2008, so nobody won for that year. Drat.
  • Got my first badge for 1992 Jimmy Dean Living Legends.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    I only got one. It was for my 1991 Ultra Gold set.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Badges? I don't need no stinking badges.

I didn't get any.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Seven. Three of those are for easily completed Rookie sets but the other four are for Basic Topps sets of Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and Chipper, which are all around 20 cards.
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Looks like you won the award for 2014 and not Dpeck.......... >>

I see what you did.

dpeck100 1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling

Bob had changed the name of the set to me a month or so back and I guess they picked it up. He also made some changes to the names of the other sets as well and once the badges were distributed on the leader boards they naturally gave it to the person in first place which is him.

Congrats Bob on your Nolan Ryan win and your set with the PSA 9 Flair is the real winner. >>

remember, there's 2 9's now! ...meaning still not sure i'm happy about it. should ya be happy to get another 9 or does it take away from the "1 and only" factor.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Just the 1952 Topps Baseball Set.image
    I had been checking my set registries to see if they had been posted for 2015. I just got the email for the PSA luncheon at the National, so I grew a bit more curious. Looking back at this thread, the badges are usually released about a month after the deadline.
  • kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Looks like 41 for me.
    Just sent my RSVP for the luncheon at the National.
    Look forward to seeing everyone there.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I will never have a badge. I'm okay with that.
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will never have a badge. I'm okay with that. >>

+1 ^^^ I like this.

Are the badges showing now? And these badges are for best set rating, not necessarily for sets at 100% complete, yes?
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like 41 for me.
    Just sent my RSVP for the luncheon at the National.
    Look forward to seeing everyone there. >>

sent in my RSVP today, too. Can't wait to meet some of you knuckleheads.