Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My first graded set

As I wrap up the final few cards I need for my 1975 Topps set, I'm starting to work on my first graded set. It's a small one in comparison, but I love these cards. It's the 1982 Kellogg's 3D set. 64 cards in the set and I think most of what I have are high grade.

Anyone else have this set graded or love the Kellogg's 3D cards?

Comments

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I also like the Kellogg's sets. At 64 cards, this should be a nice set to complete in PSA graded.

I do wonder if some of the cards develop cracks overtime after they are slabbed. The only 3D card I have graded is a 1970 Seaver. I've had it for a few years and it remains uncracked.

Good luck with the set!
    Daniel
  • toppsfootballtoppsfootball Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    I too enjoy the Kellogg's sets! I have the 1982 set in all PSA 10 minus Murray (POP 10) and Cooper (POP 5). Tough to find those centered. Hoping 4SC comes out with those soon LOL. It is a relatively inexpensive set to put together in PSA 10. I am very SLOWLY working on all the Kellogg's sets in PSA 10. A monumental task indeed! As far as cracking in the holders thank goodness I've never had that happen. I do however keep the cards away from windows/sunlight. That will crack em for sure. Good luck with your set!

Matt
  • DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    I love the Kellogg's too! Getting the Yaz Kellogg's run is high on my list. So far I only have a graded 76 and raw copies from 2 other years.
  • ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    Good luck. I enjoy the smaller sets. Feel like making progress with each card.
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    I dug these as a kid in the 1980s.

As an adult, I put the 1970 & 1971 football sets together, as well as the similar 1979 & 1980 Stop N' Go sets.

Great sets to collect given how small they are and are primarily comprised of guys who are still considered stars.

Good luck with your set!

Snorto~