Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody help with common Hard Times token values?

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
I have a bead on a small deal that includes 75-100 hard times tokens, with some XF-AU coins, and some circulated and problem coins. Anybody got some rough retail/wholesale values?

Any help appreciated!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough to place a worth on as a group without seeing as each type is valued differently.

It would be far easier at VG then nearing AU.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Hi Broadstruck. I am assuming that all of them of the most common varities, so I'm looking for a "type coin" value. The tokens range from culls, VG-Fish, and XF to maybe AU for a few. Any insight or pricing guides appreciated!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Broadstruck. I am assuming that all of them of the most common varities, so I'm looking for a "type coin" value. The tokens range from culls, VG-Fish, and XF to maybe AU for a few. Any insight or pricing guides appreciated! >>

Culls to VG might be worth $6-8 but at times can fetch $30. XF's might be worth $20 and again can near close to $40-50 on average. Some AU's might be nearing $40 but there could be some worth $100-300. So it's hard to say without seeing a photo of what to pay for the whole group?
  • Options
    Thanks! That data is very helpful. No photo available!

• Options

<< <i>Thanks! That data is very helpful. No photo available! >>

Your welcome... As I said I'm not sure if the group is even worth $1500-2000 or far more?

If I buy a group it's only as there's at least one token in it I really want as otherwise my money is better spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listed some on eBay a few months ago. Nothing special, average circ, sounds a lot like the bulk of your lot. I was surprised when most of them got no bids on a $10 start.

If/when I list them again, I suppose I'm going to have to list them in groups. (I don't want to sell anything on eBay for less than $10 -- personal preference, based on the annoyance factor of doing the listing and packing/shipping afterwards)
  • Options

<< <i>I listed some on eBay a few months ago. Nothing special, average circ, sounds a lot like the bulk of your lot. I was surprised when most of them got no bids on a $10 start.

If/when I list them again, I suppose I'm going to have to list them in groups. (I don't want to sell anything on eBay for less than $10 -- personal preference, based on the annoyance factor of doing the listing and packing/shipping afterwards) >>

Yeah I just mentioned to claychaser via pm that last circ group I sold off I got stuck at the post office in line for nearly an hour while they were training a new clerk which was something I didn't factor in.

You really need to list them at 99 cents for bidding to progress... I sold a few recently for nearly $40 that I figured might fetch $10.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some certified uncs (MS-65BN & MS-63) on the BST last month that went PDQ, but the raw circs I couldn't give away.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file