Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What board members may win a set registry award in 2014?

I started a thread last year stating that it was time for DPeck to win with the 1982 Wrestling All Stars series A set and he was finally awarded that honor with a big award. The truth of the matter is that he still owns some fantastic sets including 1982 Series B and the 1983 Wrestling All Stars. I hope that he takes home an honor again this year and I would like to nominate 1982 Series B. Good luck DPeck
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Its only a small set (24 cards), but this is the 10th year in a row that this was the #1 set. Up until 3 years ago there were only 2 sets tied for first. Looks like there are now 7. Obviously not a tough set, but fun just the same to have the #1 set.

1976 Wonder Bread Football
    Number of Required Items: 24

All-Time Finest Rank
    1. Christina's & Francesca's Dad's 1976 Wonder Bread FB; 2005 Certificate Award Winner; 2006 Certificate Award Winner; 2007 Certificate Award Winner; 2008 Certificate Award Winner; 2009 Certificate Award Winner; 2010 Certificate Award Winner; 2011 Certificate Award Winner; 2012 Certificate Award Winner; 2013 Certificate Award Winner and now 2014 Certificate Award Winner
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    I have a nice raw set of those 76 Wonderbread. Those are cool! I nominate JoeBanzai for his Killebrew master set. He won the award last year and since then he's added a bunch of tough items. I haven't looked in a while, but I think he's only 1 or 2 items short of 100%
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Rob!

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Rob! >>

Good luck!

I like to see the other sets mentioned as well. I hope that one day my 1973 Wrestling Annual set could be a contender with a GPA of 9.56. I am just missing one card to have it in the highest possible rating. I think I can raise the bar a bit more. We will see.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks Rob! >>

Good luck!

I like to see the other sets mentioned as well. I hope that one day my 1973 Wrestling Annual set could be a contender with a GPA of 9.56. I am just missing one card to have it in the highest possible rating. I think I can raise the bar a bit more. We will see. >>

I think that could easily be considered for an award.

• Options
    I am surprised we have yet to get the email announcing the winners. I went back and checked and I knew 11 days in advance last year.

Just a minute ago I checked my sets and I see the blue ribbons for 2014 are now posted. Congrats to anyone who won an award. I would assume the email is coming any day now.

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I got the email earlier today. Congrats to all the winners. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd copy and paste it here.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The following are being inducted into the PSA SET REGISTRY HALL OF FAME:
    Bob Fisk - Collector Hall of Fame
    Thomas Tull - Collector Hall of Fame
    The Tull Collection - 1909-11 T206 Baseball Basic Set
    The Tull Collection - 1933 Goudey Baseball Set
    The Tull Collection - 1941 Play Ball Baseball Set
    The Tull Collection - 1951 Bowman Baseball Set
    The Tull Collection - 1952 Topps Baseball Master Set
    The Tull Collection - 1953 Bowman Color Baseball Set
    The Tull Collection - 1955 Topps Baseball Set
    Michael Rakosi (Rookie Ecstasy) - Hall of Fame Rookies Basketball Set
    Kevin Roberson (Elitecards) - 1971 Topps Football Set
    Donald E. Spence - The Lone Star Collection - 1951-52 Parkhurst Hockey Set
    Michael Frank (hockeywax) - 1953-54 Parkhurst Hockey Basic Set
    Rich Katz (Movin' On Up) - 1958-59 Topps Hockey Set
    Rich Katz (Movin' On Up) - 1964-65 Topps Hockey Set
    R. Clark - 1979-80 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Set
    Bumchex - 1962 Topps Mars Attacks
    Jon Fischbach (Captain Jon's 1977 Star Wars Set) - 1977 Topps Star Wars
    Daniel R. Mims (Mims Collection - Bob Marcy Tribute) - 1933 Goudey Indian Gum
    Brian Glaser (GradedTickets) - Super Bowl Basic Set Tickets

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Here's a link to a list of all the set registry winners:

Set Registry Winners

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    And on a somewhat related note with regard to where do you draw the line between vintage and modern, based on the set registry list, PSA considers anything 1970 or later modern.

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Isnt the Tull Collection really just the Spence Collection?

I got my first 2 awards, for small sets. 1966 East Hills Pirates and 1968 KDKA Pirates
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Oops, wrong thread!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options

<< <i>And on a somewhat related note with regard to where do you draw the line between vintage and modern, based on the set registry list, PSA considers anything 1970 or later modern. >>

Good one!
  • Options

<< <i>Isnt the Tull Collection really just the Spence Collection?

I got my first 2 awards, for small sets. 1966 East Hills Pirates and 1968 KDKA Pirates >>

I was wondering the same thing with the Tull Collection........
  • Options
    The 1976 Topps Star Trek set looks like a super competitive set. This collector has had to work hard to take over the prior leader and has a solid lead. Very impressive.

1976 Topps Star Trek

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 1976 Topps Star Trek set looks like a super competitive set. This collector has had to work hard to take over the prior leader and has a solid lead. Very impressive.

1976 Topps Star Trek >>

I wish they had scans...
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Boy, I would sure like to meet that Mr. Fisk someday
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options

<< <i>The 1976 Topps Star Trek set looks like a super competitive set. This collector has had to work hard to take over the prior leader and has a solid lead. Very impressive.

1976 Topps Star Trek >>

I do have to admire that set with that much competition.......after the number two set was honored in 2009, you sort of had to give it to the guy that is number one now......