Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

OT: Wanted to buy as a Bucket list purchase (a 1913 Winchester) Update Progress may be 2 hours away

Whelp, I know that quite a few here are also active with firearms so here goes. I will add that I've searched all know venues know to me, brokers etc and have had no luck.

My buddy is dying and on his must do bucket list is the purchase of a particular shot gun. I don't know the back story but have the specifics. He's looking for a Winchester Model 12, 12 gauge. It must be pre-1914 with a 30 inch barrel, The router grooves on the pump must be complete circles. Looking for good to excellent condition. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'd guess he's got maybe a month left...image

If you can help please send me a PM. Thanks Cass aka Cris

Making some serious progress this morning and may be only a few hours away from making this happen. Lack of good record keeping, different model configurations, and at times misleading sellers have wasted lots of time but I think we are close. image

Comments

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Bump...
    Looks like this will be one thing I can't pull off. I've found a few here and there, but I guess much like the coin world some sellers make up stuff. I'm finding serial numbers represented as 1913 when in fact they're not. One guy is off by several years and when I questioned him he said he really didn't know and would have to ask the local sheriff next time he was in as he was an expert with guns. So these sellers just make up the dates...Back to the drawing board. Serial number range must be: 5,309 through 32,418

Thanks Cass
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about your buddy, Cass. Darn it.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Keep trying Cass.
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a finders reward?
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
    Thanks for the link to the OFR. I'm not sure if I'm registered over there or not but on my way into the office and will sign up.

I already found the one listed on GB. It is actually a 1914, the serial number is in the 62,XXX range which makes it a 1914 and not a 1913.

I have multiple brokers looking for me and I have burned up the keyboard, so this isn't going to be easy.

Thanks again..

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the link to the OFR. I'm not sure if I'm registered over there or not but on my way into the office and will sign up.

I already found the one listed on GB. It is actually a 1914, the serial number is in the 62,XXX range which makes it a 1914 and not a 1913.

I have multiple brokers looking for me and I have burned up the keyboard, so this isn't going to be easy.

Thanks again.. >>

Those fellows will find one if their is one to be had.
    Thanks Mark. I registered over there but have to wait for activation before I can post. I sincerely appreciate the help. There's really nobody left here, my team is gone, things will never be the same, and I'm alone. Just a few last things to try and help finish.

My best regards

Update: I ended up buying 3 shotguns and the are all keepers. I expect to pick them up Monday. Thanks for the support with my final assignment.