Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone successfully log in to the new ANA money.org website?

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not me. Doesn't like my username, has no record of my email address. All that work sure is paying off in Colorado Springs!

Why send out a bill for membership renewal, tell me I can pay online, close your web site for a few weeks, then bring trash back when you finally go online?

If I did not need the membership to work behind a table at a show, I'd trash the renewal notice.

Comments

• Options
    Well hi there, Barndog. I'd be happy to help you with your issues if I knew who you were. Please feel free to drop me a line at jsherlock@money.org and I'll see if I can troubleshoot your issues.

--------
    Jake Sherlock, ANA staff member
    Member, TEC
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did announce a week or three ago that they would be working on the Members Only section of the website and that members would not be able to log in for a while.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I want to they don't have the FORUM.
    And far as I know have never hosted discussion boards.
  • Options
    pcunixpcunix Posts: 620
    I can't login either and if I try telling it I forgot, it says there is no such email address.

THE ONLY REASON I BELONG TO ANA IS TO GET HUGH WOOD INSURANCE.

Other than that, the organization has no value to me. The magazine is very poor and there is no other "benefit" of any value to me. So I guess I don't really need to login - I'll just create a new account next year. Or maybe I won't and will wait to see if Hugh Wood notices or cares.

• Options
    GregLGregL Posts: 470
    All ANA members who have an email address on file will be receiving an email containing their MyANA userid and a temporary password within the next few days. Your MyANA userid will likely be different than your previous ANA "Members Only Area" userid. When you log in for the first time, you will be requested to create a permanent password. You will even be able to change your userid -- perhaps to what you use on the CU forums!

Rather than mail 25000+ userids and passwords at once -- possibly prompting a LOT of phone calls to ANA HQ all at once -- the decision was made to send them out over the course of several days.

As an ANA Governor and an IT professional, even I was confused by the new MyANA area as I have not received the email with my new login information. I have made suggestions to HQ staff to post some information -- similiar to what I have done here -- explaining the process and requesting a few days more patience.

From what I have been told, all Life Members and Basic Members (those receiving only the Digital version of The Numismatist) with emails on file should have received their login information. Regular Members (whose receiving the print edition of The Numismatist) should receive their login credentials within the next few days.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg Lyon, ANA Board of Governors 2011-2017 -- The views represented here are my own personal opinions and do not represent those of the American Numismatic Association.
  • Options

<< <i>Why would I want to they don't have the FORUM.
    And far as I know have never hosted discussion boards. >>

We have not before.. but when the website relaunch takes place in the next month or two, there will be forums and lot more interactive content.

Greg
    Greg Lyon, ANA Board of Governors 2011-2017 -- The views represented here are my own personal opinions and do not represent those of the American Numismatic Association.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a life member and have not received anything.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    pcunixpcunix Posts: 620

<< <i>

From what I have been told, all Life Members and Basic Members (those receiving only the Digital version of The Numismatist) with emails on file should have received their login information. >>

I'm a Basic and have received nothing.

Not even sure that I care, to be honest.
  • Options

<< <i>I am a life member and have not received anything. >>

Please contact Jake Sherlock via the private message function or by phone at 719-482-9872.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reporting in.

I get 'invalid login' to a userimageassword that worked for years.

I'll go ahead and contact the ANA when I get a chance.

• Options

<< <i>Just reporting in.

I get 'invalid login' to a userimageassword that worked for years.

I'll go ahead and contact the ANA when I get a chance. >>

Please re-read what I posted earlier (with new emphasis added):

All ANA members who have an email address on file will be receiving an email containing their MyANA userid and a temporary password within the next few days. Your MyANA userid will likely be different than your previous ANA "Members Only Area" userid.

At a minimum your old password will not work - the passwords were encrypted in our old association management system and therefore could not be transferred to our new association management system.

In many cases, your username will also change - but can be customized to any unclaimed username once you login to the new system.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why would I want to they don't have the FORUM.
    And far as I know have never hosted discussion boards. >>

We have not before.. but when the website relaunch takes place in the next month or two, there will be forums and lot more interactive content.

Greg >>

Will consider becoming a member again then after a forty year lapse a I would like to see a U S Coin Forum that was not biased by profit making ownership.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let my ANA membership expire. I will join again when they get their overall act together.

In the mean time, I will use the dues money for something useful like ice cream or beer. imageimage
  • Options
    seems I am not alone. Got a nice PM from Jake, thank you. Also, Greg's explanation is perfect. I suggest his post explaining the issue be posted on the website so that people like those posting here and I don't have the same degree of frustration. Had a message come up that said what Greg said, it would be easy to understand, no worries. But a message that says (paraphrasing) "we have never heard of you despite your years of membership" didn't sit well with me...or others, so it seems.
  • Options

<< <i>I suggest his post explaining the issue be posted on the website so that people like those posting here and I don't have the same degree of frustration. Had a message come up that said what Greg said, it would be easy to understand, no worries. But a message that says (paraphrasing) "we have never heard of you despite your years of membership" didn't sit well with me...or others, so it seems. >>

Something to that effect has been placed on money.org. The association management system (AMS) which is what controls the login capabilities is hosted by our vendor. ANA staff is in contact with them to get a similar message posted. Unfortunately, that takes a little longer than changing something you can on your own.

Greg
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I suggest his post explaining the issue be posted on the website so that people like those posting here and I don't have the same degree of frustration. Had a message come up that said what Greg said, it would be easy to understand, no worries. But a message that says (paraphrasing) "we have never heard of you despite your years of membership" didn't sit well with me...or others, so it seems. >>

Something to that effect has been placed on money.org. The association management system (AMS) which is what controls the login capabilities is hosted by our vendor. ANA staff is in contact with them to get a similar message posted. Unfortunately, that takes a little longer than changing something you can on your own.

Greg >>

Thanks!
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh great. Yet another set of credentials to remember.

I cannot choose my "myANA" login? Immediate fail. It's not my ANA if I can't customize it.

In this day and age, there's no reason I can't choose my own login credentials.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh great. Yet another set of credentials to remember.

I cannot choose my "myANA" login? Immediate fail. It's not my ANA if I can't customize it.

In this day and age, there's no reason I can't choose my own login credentials. >>

Once again, I quote from my initial post in this thread with emphasis added:

"When you log in for the first time, you will be requested to create a permanent password. You will even be able to change your userid -- perhaps to what you use on the CU forums!"

Greg
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, sorry. Missed that second sentence. I had visions of Stacks-Bowers in my head. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file