Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best and biggest coin shows in the Southeast?

opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭
What are the biggest and best shows in the Southeast, aside from the obvious (FUN)? I'm talking about regional shows, mainly.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

Comments

• Options
    TallGuyTallGuy Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Dalton, GA Shows are good
    "Can't never Could!"
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more about the Dalton shows. I love the Blue Ridge Numismatic Assn show in Dalton, Ga, in mid-August every year and it is one of the few shows I can regularly fit in to our busy schedule. It's a three-day show (four days if you count Early Birds) and there are about 300 tables. Mrs. VDB and I are at Table 319 near the restrooms and snack bar at the left rear of the hall. For more information go to Show Site

There is also a spring show in Dalton which we don't do but I hear it is great as well, I think that one is the Georgia Numismatic Assn.

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to "pile on", but the Dalton shows are the next best things to the national shows like FUN and ANA.
    Plenty of good stuff for sale. I drive from Birmingham for the day. It is well worth it!
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    Good to know about the Dalton show since I am also in the Birmingham area and have family around Atlanta that I could also visit. Any of the local central Alabama shows worth attending?
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bessemer show is good and well worth attending, but not as strong as Dalton. I really can't decide if Chatanooga is any better than Bessemer or if it is just the excitement of driving to another state to attend a show.
    I think Bessemer is July 18-20 this year.

Pelham is the weaker of the Birmngham shows. That show was last weekend and not worth it (for me).
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file