Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Warning: don't make this moron move

The moron move I just made was setting a snipe for an auction, but forgetting to change the ebay password in the snipe program after changing my password with ebay. Snipe didn't go off on an auction I really wanted.

So, make sure you all have updated your snipe software for your new ebay password.

Comments

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Happened to me too. I would have paid $150, and gotten a good deal. It sold for twenty something bucks.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that problem too. Fortunately I only missed out on some lowball bids I placed for Henry Moon's 1970 set break. I'm building the set in 8 so I didn't get too crazy chasing 9s and 10s.

I wonder how much money sellers lost that week? I bet a lot of snipes didn't go through resulting in lower final hammer prices.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I got an email reminder from a couple of sellers in advance about that issue. Also I think one or more sellers started a thread here about that problem right after the ebay announcement. Had I not seen or received those, I would have been in the same boat
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I missed out on a lot that would have filled quite a few holes in a set I'm building. I was most disappointed. Hopefully, I've updated everything properly. image
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw that sellers have the option to cancel any transactions on auction listing wins due to the password resets, so I'm guessing you'll see a lot of relists if the seller didn't get what they were expecting due to snipes not firing.

Additional steps for sellers regarding auction-style listings
    We recognize that the password reset may temporarily interrupt the normal bidding process for buyers. We’re taking additional steps to ensure successful transactions for sellers:

All listing and final value fees will be refunded automatically for auction-style listings that ended between 6:00 AM PDT on Wednesday, May 21, 2014, and 11:59 PM PDT on Wednesday, May 21, 2014. Sellers will see these credits on their June invoice.
    Sellers can end any auction-style listing without penalty between 6:00 AM PDT on Wednesday, May 21, 2014, and 11:59 PM PDT on Saturday, May 31, 2014 and will receive a credit for all listing fees related to these listings on their June invoice.
    Sellers can also cancel any transactions from auction-style listings that ended in a sale between 6:00 AM PDT on Wednesday, May 21, 2014, and 11:59 PM PDT on Saturday, May 31, provided the buyer paid with PayPal and we can verify through PayPal that the buyer’s full payment has been refunded.

Final value and listing fees will be credited on sellers’ June invoice and any associated defects or negative buyer feedback removed.These protections will be applied automatically. The transaction must be cancelled within the above timeframe to qualify for the credit and defect/feedback removal.

We will also be communicating with the winning bidder for any cancelled auction-style transaction during this time period to ensure they continue to have great buyer experiences on eBay.

- See more at: http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/05/update-on-password-change-options-for-sellers/?_trksid=p3984.m2301.l3955#sthash.xe8ZoUWa.dpuf