Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A few neat classic Commems for you to enjoy....

SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭
I've spent some time building a commemorative set for my Father. They are his favorite issues. Nice, original, commems are neat. But lets face it, they are out there. Just be picky and you will find coins. The focus of the set is to acquire coins that are very attractive Gem examples, originality is a must, nothing too dark or unattractive. Luster must be there and have a PPPOOOWWW effect, like a Lichtenstein. I am not to concerned with marks and surface abrasions. Booming luster coupled unquestionable originality. My standard. My Father just goes along, and is enjoying the ride.

To make it more of challenge, nearly all of the coins I buy are raw off ebay, then I submit 'em for grading with PCGS. Here are two that I just bought off ebay, About $35 for the Columbian and $100 something for the Bay Bridge. I wish more of my coins looked like the Columbian. The luster just screams at you....makes the color just grab you by the shirt. The Bay Bridge has a neat, a soft, smooth, satiny look to it, it really is a wonderful design, and I appreciate it more when looking at the coin in hand, and driving over the new Bay Bridge - which I cannot stand!

Im sending these off to my Father, to make his day, thought I'd share with a few quick photos.

Enjoy.

Collecting since 1976.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file