Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

COMC selling question

I apologize if this already has been brought up but, I just
had some questions about selling on Check Out My Cards.

After doing a little research it seems like a great option. I sell
my graded cards on ebay but I was looking for an easier alternative
to sell raw cards between $0.50 and $5.00.

Once you ship the cards to them it looks like there is a $0.25 listing fee per item and then the only
other fee would be converting store credit into cash if you wanted.
Do they take care of all the shipping and other miscellaneous cost
associated with selling?

Thanks,
James
" I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice "

Comments

• Options
    bsavagebsavage Posts: 204 ✭✭
    The only other cost you have is there is a $0.01 per month storage fee for each card you have an asking price of over $0.75. This actually adds up more than you would think, but I do not believe this fee starts until a card has been posted for 90 days. All shipping costs are paid by the buyer.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI... they usually run a special around the time of the National for a $0.10 listing fee (limited to 700 items if I recall last year's correctly). I'm not sure if they're doing it this year, but it's a great way to get you feet wet there.

I would recommend spending some time on the site to determine what sells well and what is/isn't currently in stock. There can be a big difference in price realized vs eBay, both higher and lower. I wouldn't try to sell items that have 10 or more in stock there currently, it's usually a race to the bottom with everyone trying to be the cheapest available.
  • Options
    Thank you both for the information. It is appreciated. It seems like
    a great way to move cards but that penny a month could add up with a
    large inventory that doesn't move.

Thanks for the heads up on the $.10 a card deal. I will make sure to
    look out for that.

Thank You,
    James
    " I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice "