Comments

• Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Strike Thread" ?
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭
    All I see is die erosion...
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a staple scratch to me.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Strike Thread" ? >>

OP means "struck through thread" but looks more like post mint damage.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly looks like a scratch to me.

(the dies are worn too, a common effect
    for overused dies; i.e.', the 'blurry letters')

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    stashstash Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    Fred, thanks for stopping by, that line also has some depth to it too, thats was my main concern, I don't think it spent much time in circulation, either
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the first close up, that raised metal beside it is indicative of a scratch.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe, new RPM too ???

image >>

why do folks find it soooooo difficult to post images?

I've tried to replicate how this could possibly get screwed up but cannot figure out a way of telling them how to correct their problem since I cannot figure out how they do what they do?

Why all the URL tags?

Can they not see this stuff when they preview their posts?

Is this caused from using an IPhone?

Oh yeah, I'm not seeing an RPM real clear here.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a photobucket setting

other forums allow turning the image into a link.

this one does not.

further, the links are not the right format -- uses URL instead of L. So, they show up.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    lostincoinslostincoins Posts: 4,278
    All my images are from photo bucket and I do not get the urls you just have to use the right link and click the little pic frame on the post header and paste the link, very easy.
  • Options
    lostincoinslostincoins Posts: 4,278
    Ok the coin now I see PMD as a scratch because of the raised edges, this is displaced metal that has been moved to the sides because no die is covering the coin when this happened vs. a strike through. The mint mark does not appear to be showing a RPM to me but this coin is showing significant die wear causing the distortions you see. As for circulation it is showing light wear on the raised surfaces.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it's a photobucket setting

other forums allow turning the image into a link.

this one does not.

further, the links are not the right format -- uses URL instead of L. So, they show up. >>

Gotch!

RICK

Change your Photobucket Settings and remove the "Link Back to Album" Setting!

Do this using the "Links to Share this Album" on the right side of the main screen:

Select the little Star! You'll See this:

Unselect the "Link Back to Albums"

What this action does is removes the extraneous (and irritating to the viewer) URL code that's imbedded with the IMG Code.

If folks do NOT want to do this, then use the "Direct" code in conjunction with the IMAGE Box on the Message Text Menu when creating or replying to a message:

Once you've imbedded your codes, always use the PREVIEW function of the Forum to see how your post will look.
    The above creates cleaner looking posts.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like a staple scratch to me.

-Paul >>

agreed
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a strike through, it's post-Mint damage from a staple or other sharp object. If the coin were struck through a thread or similar material, the "indent" would be continuous and not skip over the field right before the devices. In other words, it would be a continuous line.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staple scratch.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file