Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

ROMAN UNTOUCHED SESTERTIUS

www.facebook.com/petitioncrowncoin

Coins are Art, perfection is in the eye of the beholder, it embodies colour, texture the skill
of a ‘master’ to paint, engrave a piece of beauty that will last forever into history and forever.

Dream coins are those that when you see them, touch them, they speak to you
MEMBERS OF THE FORUM PLEASE POST AND EXPLAIN WHAT IS A 'NATURAL UNTOUCHED ROMAN BRONZE'

“I am beautiful, love me and buy me”.
This is the obsession of a collector, the emotion of the individual who wishes to own a piece of history.
He enjoys studying history to know where he came from and then he will have a wider spectrum of the
future by knowing his past.

To have these above thoughts about a Roman Bronze is a rarity, as it is hard to find an authentic coin in
the preservation of real meaning of a ‘natural’ bronze Roman coin. With Gold or Silver it is far easier, only
here we need to be careful about the coin, if it is genuine. Over the years some 50 years Gold and Silver
were in full trays at Leu in Switzerland, Bronze choice pieces were always in a small box in the back office
tucked away. A hidden area of Classical Numismatics.

The realization that a large Roman Sestertius in wonderful condition is a piece of miniature art from the early
time of the Imperial Roman Empire is creating more and more interest. Collectors and dealers note that these
pieces compared to Gold & Silver pieces are a wonder to have survived 2000 years in a metal that is living and
reacts to the Earth’s atmosphere and chemical reactions in the earth.

https://www.facebook.com/petitioncrowncoin?fref=ts
A collection uploaded on www.petitioncrown.com is a fifty- year love affair with beautiful British coins, medals and Roman brass

Comments