Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about getting a PSA graded rookie autographed.

Hey all,

I have a hypothetical question. Suppose I had a PSA 10 Montana rookie that I wanted to get signed at a show.
If PSA was at the show, could I have them remove the card from the slab, watch Montana sign it, and have it reslabbed.

Naturally it would be suicide to crack out a PSA 10 Montana rookie, have it signed, and resubmit hoping for another 10 grade.

Any way this would be possible to assure it stays a PSA 10?

Opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Any way this would be possible to assure it stays a PSA 10? >>

I'm not sure, but I think once the card is cracked out, all bets are off. The card would be regraded in the as is condition.

ANYWAY, IMO it would be CRAZY to crack open a PSA 10 Rookie worth that much! Go buy a nice looking PSA 7 for $50.00 and get that one autographed!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Any way this would be possible to assure it stays a PSA 10? >>

I'm not sure, but I think once the card is cracked out, all bets are off. The card would be regraded in the as is condition.

ANYWAY, IMO it would be CRAZY to crack open a PSA 10 Rookie worth that much! Go buy a nice looking PSA 7 for $50.00 and get that one autographed! >>

Agreed, kinda going for the only PSA 10 Montana auto rookie deal. If there is no way to assure the grade would remain, I would never do it.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the player sign the slab.

Steve
  • Options
    They would regrade after it's cracked.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have the player sign the slab.

Steve >>

Then send it in for a massive blue flip that slabs the slab.
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    DO NOT crack out a 10 to get signed - go find a nice 7 or 8 and have that signed