Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSH & ebay; 1822 CBH 0-113 lustrous AU53 & 1853 A&R Half PCGS AU55

From my ebay listings; offers considered

"1853 ARROWS & RAYS SEATED HALF DOLLAR PCGS AU 55 MOSTLY WHITE WITH NICE LUSTER. White, with a bit of tan haze, and about 3/4 of the luster remaining. This is a one year Type, and was only produced at the Philadelphia and the New Orleans Mints. If you are doing a Type set, this is an absolutely necessary component, and one which can get quite pricey in higher grades. This example has a nice, bright look to it, with a short, thin scratch from the wing to 4:00 on the reverse, which the graders ignored (just back this week, 05/28) or better yet, netted the grade one step lower. At any rate, this is one of the nicer pieces I've encountered in this grade range." $825/$850 CK/PP

"1822 CAPPED BUST HALF 0-113 CHOICE ABOUT UNCIRCULATED ABUNDANT LUSTER. This is, I believe, the Overton 113 variety. Considerable luster remains over well struck and well preserved surfaces, with minimal light, even wear. While this may have been "dipped" at some point many years ago, it has, in my opinion, not been abrasively cleaned or wiped, and has retoned in a pleasing manner. There is a "strike through" ( caused by debris on the die at the time of striking, and therefore is as struck) at the second star. There are also two very tiny scratches, one just in front of the tip of the bust @ 8:00, and another at the rim @ 4:00, between the 11th & 12th star. The circular line just touching the 12th star is an untoned streak. There is an additional wavy, shallow line just behind the portrait, in the right field. These are mentioned for accuracy, and are detectable only upon close examintion, and not distracting.A very attractive Bust Half." $330/$340 delivered CK/PP
<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY

Comments