Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

California Chrome Cards???

New to the boards here and just wanted to introduce myself. Got back into collecting a few years ago when I got the opportunity to sell a nice collection of 50's, 60's, and 70's cards. I was pretty amazed how grading had changed the game. Now I buy, sell, and collect cards from when I grew up in Late 80's and 90's the great junk wax era.

Just wondering what your guys thoughts are about the chances are of a special set or maybe some oddball releases if California Chrome can complete the Triple Crown? I'm hoping for at least a couple.

Thank You,
James
" I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice "

Comments

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there will be cards of him if he wins the triple crown. There aren't really any good card options for race horses that I know of. Occasionally they make promo cards for a race. Zenyata and Rachel Alexandra god ones and I think there was one for Smarty Jones too. I have tried to collect the tickets stubs from the derby or early race since there were no good card options. If he wins I'll wait a few months and buy the 2014 derby stub. Psa will also slab the betting tickets but I think the event tickets look cooler.

Here are a few that have scanned. I also have War admiral, secretariat, Seattle slew and affirmed kentucky derby stubs slabbed but haven't scanned them yet

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a good way for TOPPS to get in on a card set of him if he wins. Can see it now:California Chrome on TOPPS Chrome. Refractors too.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure there will be cards of him if he wins the triple crown. There aren't really any good card options for race horses that I know of. Occasionally they make promo cards for a race. Zenyata and Rachel Alexandra god ones and I think there was one for Smarty Jones too. I have tried to collect the tickets stubs from the derby or early race since there were no good card options. If he wins I'll wait a few months and buy the 2014 derby stub. Psa will also slab the betting tickets but I think the event tickets look cooler.

Here are a few that have scanned. I also have War admiral, secretariat, Seattle slew and affirmed kentucky derby stubs slabbed but haven't scanned them yet

image >>

Nice collection there. I still have the original 1978 Saratoga program/Lawton handicapping tout sheet from the day Affirmed was DQ'ed and Alydar was placed first in The Travers.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure Topps will find a way to make a race worn memorabilia or a hoof print card if he wins the Triple Crown.
    James
  • Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422

<< <i>I'm sure Topps will find a way to make a race worn memorabilia or a hoof print card if he wins the Triple Crown.
    James >>

Prob Allen & Ginter
  • Options
    Very cool collection of tickets and thanks for the responses. It is
    hard to find Horse racing cards. I did like the Sports king releases
    a few years back. Had some decent Horse racing related cards in those
    sets.
    " I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice "