Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay Sellers - constant entertainment

I feel like I've seen it all on eBay for the most part, but I won a lot last night and woke up to a message from the seller that I found particularly awesome:

----------------------

<< <i>Hi Jeff - As this lot went a lot cheaper than it should have, and you will be getting a awesome deal with some great cards for only $76 bucks. Would you be okay with me taking the cards out of the toploaders for shipping? I had planned on this, but realized I did not state it in my description. Thanks! >>

-----------------------

I should also add - the seller was already charging $18 for shipping, and he said the lot was made up of nearly 1,000 cards (in toploaders). I guess I should be happy he even mentioned it - he could have just thrown them in a shoebox and mailed them. Thanks for letting me share/vent.
Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    WOW! Tell him sure, and the next time he goes to the grocery store and creamed corn is on sale, he has to take it without the can... Or maybe he can get popcorn at the movies and save a little by taking it without the bag.

I'd simply note that it is his responsibility to ensure that the cards arrive in the condition they were advertised and auctioned. If saving a few pennies is worth that risk, then by all means, assume it...
  • Options
    Since top loaders are 10 cents each, he has $100 invested in them alone.
    I assume he expected the auction to end much higher and is now trying to salvage what he can.
    I would ask for them to shipped as pictured n the auction.
    Sometimes you lose selling on ebay - that's what the reserve or BIN is for.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    How many lots of 1000 cards are shipped with each card in a top loader?
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I once bought a group of 300-400 1975 commons for $30 solely because they all had top loaders. I'd be bitter of they were mailed without them.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How many lots of 1000 cards are shipped with each card in a top loader? >>

When your pictures show two 2-row shoeboxes full of toploaders, I'm assuming you're shipping them in the toploaders.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff