Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My favorite unopened packs

In the Memorial Day holiday spirit here's remembering 20 of my favorite all time packs. It was such a joy collecting these for me, Feel free to join in and post the favorite unopened memories in your collection too! Also if you happen to have any of the 1980s top rookies showing on a cello (or if you don't create a Memorial Day memory and go out and buy one!) then join the PSA registry:

1980s Rookies on Top Registry

Basketball
My favorite 3 pack

Baseball

Football

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies

Comments

• Options
    BIGBEN7BIGBEN7 Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Wow! What a great collection. Let me know if you decide to sell one of your Bird/Magic packs. That is a pack I always wanted since I remember opening those as a kid.
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome packs!! I especially love the gwynn/sandberg cello packs! Is those for sale?? image

Here are a few of my favorites...

Jeremy
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are my two most cherished unopened packs:

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea for a thread, Ryan! Here are a few of mine:

72 rack, Mays on back

75 rack with Millan on top image

This pack was one of several 2nd series 73 cellos acquired from a collector who had a full box

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Great packs everyone. I don't collect much unopened, but this is my favorite

Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    '57 cello with Mantle and Berra on top is a beauty!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Great thread!! Here are my favorite wax packs:

Here are my favorite Cello Packs:

...and my favorite Rack Packs:

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah nothing I'd rather do on my holiday than look at some great unopened with stars. Like a kid in a candy store I'd love to have Tim's 1974 Schmidt and both of those 1979 Ozzie racks. I hadn't seen a BBCE wrapped one before....they look so nice I may have to send some of my racks Steve's way one of these days.

As for selling any of my packs, well sorry guys I'm pretty much just a buyer. And with having recently in another thread rather strongly gone out on a limb taking the side that unopened prices will go up at least 20% this year my conviction is still as a passionate acquirer and not as a seller. Actually bought 6 boxes from BBCE yesterday now that I think about it.

I do occasional sell to help out another collector starting out though..... especially those interested in joining the 1980s rookies showing PSA registry. Just send me a PM and I'd be glad to get you started with something in the registry if you're ever inclined.
  • Options
    Ryan, that 72 OPC pack with Fisk on back looks very familiar. image Had almost forgotten aboiut that one. Now, you got me missing it again, LOL..

• Options
    Here are a few more from the wax side of the aisle:

This is one of my favorite packs, a 10-card 1969 cello with wax pack graphics, series 1

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is WOW! What a great collection and not one but three 1980-81 basketball packs with the greatest card ever produced on the back. Just WOW!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add some of my football to the thread

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Yes Tim, thank you again that Fisk pack is easily one of my top 10 favorites!!

Also like the 1981 Magic and Birds I don't have any of those myself

Great looking LT rookie too, I think I have one of those myself around here somewhere.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres my only 2 left with stars showing. These are actually for sale.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In the Memorial Day holiday spirit here's remembering 20 of my favorite all time packs. It was such a joy collecting these for me, Feel free to join in and post the favorite unopened memories in your collection too! Also if you happen to have any of the 1980s top rookies showing on a cello (or if you don't create a Memorial Day memory and go out and buy one!) then join the PSA registry:

Basketball
    My favorite 3 pack
    Very impressive as are all the displayed items. 2 questions. 1)Do the autos. on the cello packs enhance/detract from value? 2)On the 1 Topps Ripken pack the Jeff Schneider pix is washed out/lacks full color. Detracts from value?

Baseball

Football

image >>

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>In the Memorial Day holiday spirit here's remembering 20 of my favorite all time packs. It was such a joy collecting these for me, Feel free to join in and post the favorite unopened memories in your collection too! Also if you happen to have any of the 1980s top rookies showing on a cello (or if you don't create a Memorial Day memory and go out and buy one!) then join the PSA registry:

Basketball
    My favorite 3 pack
    Very impressive as are all the displayed items. 2 questions. 1)Do the autos. on the cello packs enhance/detract from value? 2)On the 1 Topps Ripken pack the Jeff Schneider pix is washed out/lacks full color. Detracts from value?

1. The autos on the cellos greatly enhance the packs value
    2. Not sure that packs Schneider is any more or less wash out than it normally justshows a color difference between his photo and Ripken's photo on their card.