Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

(30) 1983 Topps Unopened Questions (Free Advice Needed)

Picked up 34 packs, many of them have wear/tears on the edges, backs are sealed some a little loose. Opened 4 of them whose seals were basically loose and was curious to see how the cards looked. Cards were mostly sharp a few had edge dings. Gum is all on top, 3/4 remained solid the 4th was broken....Am curious as to value as I know BBCE charges $6/pack but those are near-mint from unopened box. Thanks for your responses. Also curious as to why some have dark blue and other just blue. Here was one of the nicer cards I pulled from the (nearly) unopened packs.

Comments

• Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Nevermind, started to rip the worn packs and went crazy and opened all of them...Got a bunch of HOFERS and an o/c Sandberg....This is why I could never collect unopened, packs wouldn't last 24 hours...
  • Options

<< <i>Nevermind, started to rip the worn packs and went crazy and opened all of them...Got a bunch of HOFERS and an o/c Sandberg....This is why I could never collect unopened, packs wouldn't last 24 hours... >>

LOL, not even a half hour. Too funny

I'm with you though, especially if I have a more than a couple. It snowballs fast......
    Vintage Ohio St. football items, always buying, PM me with any you might want to sell.
    Also looking for 2005T FB AA, 1986T FB, 1960T FB autographed cards
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Try a few graded packs and see if the cases slow you down. The GAI are easy to get into, but the psychological barrier is pretty helpful for many of us. The PSA cases may let the gum through the wrapper, but they sure don't inspire anyone to rip. I haven't tried cracking one, but it looks intimidating.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of opening the first one...After that I kept thinking, well, the next one must have a Gwynn, etc...etc....It was a rush though I now better understand the obsession...Yeah, I guess a graded pack would make it harder to act on your impulses....

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha....they didn't last long did they! image Glad you had fun opening them. Too bad about the sandberg o/c, but I'm sure it was a lot of fun!! I still haven't pulled a sandberg topps rookie from a pack. Would love to!

Jeremy