Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How do you know when a psa card was graded?

As I buy cards. Often wonder is this card graded 10 years ago or last week. I know I can tell the label is different at times but no clue when that changed. I know the card holder changed in the last few months. I am aware of the 1/2 graded card time frame. Any another tell tail signs. Not sure it matters much. But I often wonder. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Generally the higher the number, the later it was graded but there are some numbers beginning with 3 that were submitted at the nationals.

I'm not sure what you mean by the half graded card time frame. Fill me in on that one.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I'm not sure what you mean by the half graded card time frame. Fill me in on that one. >>

He's saying he knows when the 1/2 grade system was implemented.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the numerical grade is to right of the grade, it is pre half grade.

Although PSA has been using sequential cert numbers for some time now, that was not always the case and there are many high number certs that were graded years ago, going up as high as 9XXX.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    history of flips thread

this might give you a bit more insight. enjoy.
  • Options
    ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    They started to grade by 1/2 point 6.5, 7.5 etc was what I was trying to say. Thank you
  • Options
    Thank you this will help.
  • Options
    Correct ...not clear on that point.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I'm not sure what you mean by the half graded card time frame. Fill me in on that one. >>

He's saying he knows when the 1/2 grade system was implemented. >>

Got it. Thanks.
  • Options
    Any idea what year the numbers changed. Like starting with 1 lasted until 2005 let's say. Then the 2 last until 2008 etc.thanks