Home PSA Set Registry Forum

eBay Breach & Password Changes - Special Note to Snipe Users

Dear Collector,

As many have now heard, eBay suffered a cyber attack which may have released encrypted passwords. It is
important to note that these released passwords were all encrypted (not usable as-is) and no financial information
was released. Though the effects of this breach may be superficial, eBay is choosing a conservative tact, forcing all
members to update their current password. In the coming days, eBay will be sending emails to all users; once
received, your account will be frozen until the password is updated.

It is important to note that while your account is frozen, all snipe bids connected to that eBay account WILL NOT be
placed. Once the eBay password-change email is received, we recommend following the prompts and then quickly
going to your preferred snipe website to re-connect your account with eBay.

We encourage folks to watch their eBay email closely and to respond with an updated password promptly (on both
eBay and your preferred snipe website) to avoid inadvertently losing out on items.

Good luck to everyone and their future collecting efforts.

Brent Huigens
PWCC Auctions

PWCC Marketplace
market@pwccmarketplace.com
833-333-7922

Comments

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Oh the irony
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i wonder if any of the snipe services have ever been hacked. i would assume they are less protected from hacking than ebay and more then likely don't super-encrypt the passwords.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh the irony >>

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Even though I changed my user ID, I still had to change my password. Missed a nice deal last night without my snipe.