Home Precious Metals

Yeager's Poured Silver

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of our colleagues asked about these on the OTF. I've never seen them before, and they're not really my thing. But I have to admit, I like strange pieces of silver

Yeager's Poured Silver

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    I actually tried to order something. Shows a Visa card but at check out didn't offer it. Gave up pay pal when I gave up E-Bay. At any rate did not order anything. When they fix check out I'll try again. This was about 3 weeks ago. Now in their defense it was late. image. Take care. jws
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting but too gimmicky for my tastes.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Anyone who knows how to pour their own silver, knows how to counterfeit more popular brands of bars.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone who knows how to pour their own silver, knows how to counterfeit more popular brands of bars. Yes, it is implied. That's all I have to say about that momma. >>

If they counterfeit say , a silvertown bar , and use .999 silver then what difference would it make?

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone who knows how to pour their own silver, knows how to counterfeit more popular brands of bars. Yes, it is implied. That's all I have to say about that momma. >>

If they counterfeit say , a silvertown bar , and use .999 silver then what difference would it make? >>

Most counterfeit bars are brass/copper with a silver plating. There's no point using real silver unless the counterfeit bar has a collector value above its melt value. I'm sure you and POM already knew this.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

If they counterfeit say , a silvertown bar , and use .999 silver then what difference would it make? >>

Most counterfeit bars are brass/copper with a silver plating. There's no point using real silver unless the counterfeit bar has a collector value above its melt value. I'm sure you and POM already knew this. >>

I carry a big file around I'll gouge a trench in anything I have doubts about.image
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Just FYI, piecesofme may have an agenda here, since he was booted off the YPS owner's forum for bad behavior.

If not piecesofme, do you have ANY evidence at all of what you are insinuating?
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
    I wrote out a nice long detailed explanation about my earlier comments but realized I was being trolled, and it would be a violation of one of the rules here, so I will keep my "evidence" to myself. image
    Sure man. Or you realized you are making libelous statements by saying that someone with a silver bar business makes counterfeit bars, with zero evidence. Gee, I wonder which is more likely and who is being a troll with an agenda here?
    I will speak to the incorrect ASSumption on your part of why I was booted though.

If calling that site owners best buddy in the whole wide world (it came off to me that they are lovers) a "jerk" in a private message, because he is one, is what deems getting kicked off the site, then so be it. This was the reason given to me by the site owner himself. So you need to retract your "bad behavior" comment, it's inaccurate because that was not the reason given to me. I can forward you the email if you feel it necessary to see joefro.

I was done a favor being kicked off that site. Nearly all and I mean 98% of members there are a bunch of arrogant, pretentious sob's who think they know everything and insult you when you ask a question about anything they feel you should know just because you're a member of the site. Like it's some kind of secret society or something. The only good thing about it was the feedback system.

Lastly, if I felt I could trust you with the information I do have, I would provide it. I have provided it to a few members that are still there that I see locally from time to time and their eyebrows were raised with the same suspicion I have on the matter when I laid it out for them. I was told to lay low with the information as they are sorting it out still being on the site.

Or you realized you are making libelous statements by saying that someone with a silver bar business makes counterfeit bars, with zero evidence

This is clearly a troll comment by you joefro, because you know damn well that I would be in violation here if I said anything more, at least publicly. It's not a matter of be libelous or not, it's about following the rules here that can get one booted.

<< <i>If calling that site owners best buddy in the whole wide world (it came off to me that they are lovers) a "jerk" in a private message, because he is one, is what deems getting kicked off the site, then so be it. This was the reason given to me by the site owner himself. So you need to retract your "bad behavior" comment, it's inaccurate... >>

Can you not see how ridiculous this statement is? I would argue that calling the co-owner of the website a "jerk" in a PM is considered bad behavior. Not surprised that somehow you don't seem to think so in your head. In all the years I have been there I have only seen two people banned on that forum, and judging by your reaction and agenda here it was the right move to make. What do you think would happen to you on this forum if you PMed the owner and called him a jerk?

<< <i> Nearly all and I mean 98% of members there are a bunch of arrogant, pretentious sob's who think they know everything and insult you when you ask a question about anything they feel you should know just because you're a member of the site >>

That's funny, 98% of the people there think the same thing about you. A lot of people here seem to as well. Jumping on people just for asking a question... you mean a question like "how much does that silver spoon weigh?" You need to step back from the keyboard and look inward man. Or at least look into a mirror when you are typing these things.

It is probably a smart decision for you to hide behind the "forum rules" instead of making libelous statements for which you have no evidence. However, if there is a company making counterfeit bars (whom is not even a member on this site), I think there is nothing wrong with stating evidence if you have it. Please point me to the forum rule(s) which state that you can't post to make everyone here aware that a company unrelated to this site makes counterfeit products.

37914 x 98% = 37155
    So 759 people "like" me here according to your survey.

2800 x 98% = 2744
    So 56 people "liked" me there according to your survey.

Plenty fine by me 'cause it aint a popularity contest. And probably the biggest difference between you and I is you're a kiss arse and I'm not, so I suppose that's going to cause me to lose a few votes.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had some interactions with joefro, and have also watched him on these forums for years......put me in the "joefro fan club" as I find him honest and respectable, and have never seen classic "trolling" at all.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    FWIW, I've followed joefro ever since I joined the forum. I've followed POM, ever since he joined the forum. My observation: POM seems like a conflict magnet. Some deserved, some, not so deserved. I enjoy both members. Take care. jws
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "And probably the biggest difference between you and I is you're a kiss arse and I'm not, so I suppose that's going to cause me to lose a few votes."

You are now correct. Too much repeated negativity towards others.
    You lost my vote.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more