Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New! Sell your cards on Collectors Corner

Hi Everyone,

The community that has developed around the PSA Set Registry is dynamic and growing. Many collectors have reached out to each other to buy and trade cards. And, for years we have had requests from Set Registry members to build a place where they can conduct transactions with each other in a safe and friendly environment.

Today we launched the PSA Set Registry Collectors Corner Storefront. This gives you the ability to list your cards for sale directly from My Set Registry, the software program you’ve come to rely on to manage your card inventory.

Selling on Collectors Corner requires three things:

1) PSA Set Registry membership
2) A current PSA Collectors Club subscription
3) A PayPal account

To get started login to My Set Registry. In My Inventory simply select the inventory you wish to sell and move it to the new CC Sales location. To access your inventory for sale, click the drop down arrow on the filter box in My Inventory and select My Collectors Corner Inventory. Then, on the Collectors Corner banner click Selling Preferences, select your defaults for postage and returns, and enter your PayPal account email address. The Current Value column will default to the SMR price if available. You add or change a price by clicking on the Current Value box, typing in your selling price, and clicking the Save button. Don’t forget to add an image or two!

Once you are ready to upload your item, check it and then click the link for “Publish checked items to Collectors Corner.”

There are no listing fees. You pay a selling fee when your item sells. These details are listed under Terms and Fees on the Collectors Corner banner. Once an item sells, it will appear in the Orders link. All sales are transacted through PayPal.

A marketing campaign is underway to give exposure for the cards you have for sale and don’t forget that every card you list will also be linked directly into your fellow members’ sets when the card fills a hole or is an upgrade.

There is a User Guide linked from the Collectors Corner banner, but should you have any questions or feedback for us, please feel free to contact me directly at bsearls@collectors.com.

Thank you!
BJ Searls
bsearls@collectors.com
Set Registry & Special Projects Director
PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com

Comments

• Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Thanks very much for offering this option. I think (hope?) it will be a great feature. Now I just need to get motivated to clear out a few items. - Kevin M.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking this is a development of epic proportions given the bogus state of revolving changes at EBAY. Is Collectors Universe prepared for people to list a million cards? They better be. I will be looking into this.
  • Options
    One downside of this new development is that listings expire after 30 days. Depending on how much time is required to re-list, this will slow the flood. Given the money that eBay is pulling in off of PSA cards, I tend to think this is the future. Why wouldn't PSA want to take a cut of the secondary market? Makes sense. It should only improve over time...famous last words perhaps.
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    One downside of this new development is that listings expire after 30 days. Depending on how much time is required to re-list, this will slow the flood.

Yes, your listing will expire after 30 days, but three clicks and you can relist. 1) Change your price 2) check that you want to publish 3) click the publish link. Very simply done in 10 seconds!

We are encouraged by the response so far. Time will tell!

Thanks.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One downside of this new development is that listings expire after 30 days. >>

Don't we all wish that eBay fixed listings expired after 30 days as well? If a card doesn't sell in 30 days, my guess is that it's overpriced. Of course, some issues are thinly traded, and a card might be priced fairly and sit for a while, but the majority of WAY OVER VCP crapola on eBay wouldn't be missed at all if it disappeared after a month. With that same thought in mind, I wouldn't make it too easy to relist on Collector's Corner either.
  • Options
    csakerscsakers Posts: 239
    Another downside is there will be a limited buyer base, as only people who are current Collector's Club members are allowed to purchase your cards.

While I understand the need to limit the ability to list and sell cards to current members, I do not understand why there would be a need to limit the buyer pool. Some people simply choose not to join the club, but are still excellent and reliable buyers.

Any thoughts?
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!
  • Options
    Regarding the 30-day expiration, I completely agree the majority of cards on eBay that continually "renew" are priced too high. I have had cards on my Watchlist for more than a year and they simply continue to "renew" each month at a far too high price. I would think a seller would come to realize after a few months that they are asking for too much and are not garnering any attention.
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!
  • Options
    A couple of thoughts:

1. If PSA can take some of eBay's market share of the secondary market, membership fees will decline or disappear. This is a nice, big market. EBay will be concerned if PSA gets this right.

2. While some cards may be overpriced, it's also an illiquid market. These aren't shares of stock with multiple buyers and sellers on both sides of the trade. It's more like a pair of shoes in the department store. If the shoes need to sell immediately, you get the $0.99 starting bid. If you leave the shoes on the rack for awhile, a buyer may come along.

3. BJ indicated 10 seconds to re-list. Not sure if this is per card or if you can somehow re-list all of your cards in 10 seconds. If it's 10 seconds per card, I will be unable to list many cards. I just don't have that type of time on my hands.

Kevin M.
  • Options
    Would it still not make better sense for PSA to allow everyone to buy? If I am looking to sell my cards and have to choose between PSA (buyer base limited to only Collector's Club members) or go ahead with eBay (buyer base of all registered users), then the smart decision would have to be eBay. This requirement may serve as a deterrent to getting this new market running and expanding.
  • Options
    I can't speak for PSA but I'm guessing that it gives them a good amount of control. If everyone is a member, PSA has the necessary contact info. It's probably easier. But I hear you on the membership fee. I'm just guessing it will eventually decline because you are correct -- they want to get as many buyers as possible onto the site. Rome wasn't built in a day....
  • Options
    Another downside is there will be a limited buyer base, as only people who are current Collector's Club members are allowed to purchase your cards.

Not true. Collectors Corner is open to all buyers. You only have to be a CClub and Set Registry member to sell.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    That's great news BJ. I was wondering where that false information came from. That would have been a severly limiting factor.

One problem I see, already surfacing in the Goudey cards at least, is a flood of cards from big dealers, still with very high pricing. That's not a problem if looking for a specific card. But, if doing more of a general search, it creates pages of useless results. Forcing reductions could help the pricing situation, depending on how that works. If sellers only have to reduce prices $1, that won't be much help. If sellers have to reduce it by, say 5%, that might be more beneficial.
  • Options

<< <i> Collectors Corner is open to all buyers. You only have to be a CClub and Set Registry member to sell. >>

Makes sense. More than fair. Thanks for the clarification. - Kevin
  • Options
    BJ,

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, I was sharing the information based upon the response I received from Mkie V. in Customer Service. You may want to ensure the same responses are being given to everyone.

I think it is a much better system to allow everyone the ability to buy!

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Options
    One problem I see, already surfacing in the Goudey cards at least, is a flood of cards from big dealers, still with very high pricing. That's not a problem if looking for a specific card. But, if doing more of a general search, it creates pages of useless results. Forcing reductions could help the pricing situation, depending on how that works. If sellers only have to reduce prices $1, that won't be much help. If sellers have to reduce it by, say 5%, that might be more beneficial.

Thank you for your feedback. We are just getting started so we'd like to see how things go initially. We can always make some tweaks down the road if we see there is a need.

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, I was sharing the information based upon the response I received from Mkie V. in Customer Service. You may want to ensure the same responses are being given to everyone.

Will do and thanks for letting me know!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I'm curious what "seller's fees are non-refundable" actually means. If I sell a card and it's later returned, am I out the seller's fees? It seems so, but that can be enormously expensive if buyers can return cards for any reason.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    BJ: No mention of PSA/DNA items, like single signed baseballs. What about items like that?
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Overall, I really like this. There is even Feedback!

Question -- Does anyone know how to search card listings by sport? I'm wading through vast numbers of baseball cards to find the football cards for certain years. I may be doing the search wrong?

Thanks.

• Options
    If I'm not mistaken, if you start your search from the Sport Card Category of Football, it should only find football cards.
  • Options
    spokes - You are correct. Thanks. I eventually found it. I must have started somewhere else and got mixed up. So far, I really like this new 'Storefront' idea from PSA. - Kevin M.

My only other concern -- the person's address is shown on the listing of their cards. It would be nice to exclude the address. Obviously, buyers have the return address from any packages but I think it's better to leave it off the web-site. I just don't sell too much to warrant a PO Box.
  • Options
    Hi All,

Just wanted to answer a couple of your questions.

I'm curious what "seller's fees are non-refundable" actually means. If I sell a card and it's later returned, am I out the seller's fees? It seems so, but that can be enormously expensive if buyers can return cards for any reason.

We do not refund selling fees. If you allow returns, you should figure this as one of your selling expenses. To avoid this expense, do not allow returns, which many choose to do.

BJ: No mention of PSA/DNA items, like single signed baseballs. What about items like that?

Right now, while we test the waters, the store front is for cards only.

My only other concern -- the person's address is shown on the listing of their cards. It would be nice to exclude the address. Obviously, buyers have the return address from any packages but I think it's better to leave it off the web-site. I just don't sell too much to warrant a PO Box.

Next week we will be rolling out a new feature which will allow you to display an alternative address. To achieve this, you will go to your PSA account (the link appears up in the left corner of the PSA website when you are logged in). In your account, you can add a shipping address. Then, when you are in the Collectors Corner Selling Preferences in My Set Registry, you will have the option to display the alternative address. We will explore the idea of completely eliminating the display of an address to the general public if it becomes a privacy issue.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com