Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1 August 2014 Luncheon

Was wondering if anyone on here was going or had been before? I know the letter mentioned invites being set out via e-mail next month and was wondering if the invitees were select folks and not just any old PSA Collector Club members. Me and the wife were thinking about flying up and going to the National Sports Collectors Convention and would hit the luncheon (if invited). By my calculations I am due about 10 certificates for top sets and hope to finish two more sets before the 31st…that is if I can get those two Whitey Herzog cards!

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I have been to many a PSA luncheon at the National. They always have some nice giveaways. Anyone with a registered set should get an invite via email. They send out the invites in mid to late June IIRC.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Always an enjoyable event. Great food, fellow PSA Set Registry members to meet, nice gift, Q and A with Joe Orlando, and normally a speaker. Been to about a 6-7 of them and have enjoyed each one. Normally when you indicate via email that you are in, they send you a confirmation letter in the mail. You have to show the letter to get in.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information!
  • Options

<< <i>Always an enjoyable event. Great food, fellow PSA Set Registry members to meet, nice gift, Q and A with Joe Orlando, and normally a speaker. Been to about a 6-7 of them and have enjoyed each one. Normally when you indicate via email that you are in, they send you a confirmation letter in the mail. You have to show the letter to get in. >>

Well the wife and I will be there…it’s my first national as well. Thought about VIP passes but the only auto I wanted was Hojo so I didn’t want to put out all the cash for that. I’m looking forward to asking questions and meeting these folks I send all my cash too :-) Should be very informative.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone tape these? It would be good if it could be posted either on the message boards or somewhere on the PSA main page. Many of us are unable to attend and would like to see the event...not so much living large collectors devouring the free food (image) but rather the speeches, award presentations, Joe's Q&A, etc.
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone tape these? It would be good if it could be posted either on the message boards or somewhere on the PSA main page. Many of us are unable to attend and would like to see the event...not so much living large collectors devouring the free food (image) but rather the speeches, award presentations, Joe's Q&A, etc. >>

Great point. Very doable with today's technology.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Did they do question and answering last year.....I thought I heard otherwise?